Mental Health Forums

Review Meeting

lauraw2693

I have a review meeting next week with my cpn and my support worker and I'm meant to be thinking about what I want in terms of support, what I want to change etc but have no idea :worried_anim: I hate that, when people ask me what will help me - if I knew I'd be doing it already!

My cpn said she'll talk to my therapist (who is private) before then too to get her input on how I'm doing (scary :eh: )

I have no idea how I'm doing, I'm swinging between crisis and coping, nothing in between. I'm overwhelmed by the 'others' but I've just gone numb, I can't feel it anymore, information overload.

They keep saying about my support worker doing more practical stuff with me - shes taken me to psych before and to pick meds up, shes helped with benefits stuff and phone the doctors etc but I don't want to go out with her each time I see her. Its not like I don't go out, it would just cause more anxiety going out with her than with my sister or friend - thats reasonable isn't it?

What else could I suggest for my support worker to help with? I'm happy seeing her at home and just having a chat, its part of my routine now, I don't really want anything to change but they seem to think I should be making more use of her :worried_anim:

Also I'm terrified seeing my psych will come up (haven't seen him since March when he asked about admitting myself.. seeing him always messes things up for a while..) I've opened up about the DID in the last few months and have shown my cpn stuff the others have written and drawn, she wants a copy for my records "when I'm comfortable" - which I'm not. She wants to show my psych I think but I'm convinced he'll laugh in my face and completely destroy everything I've been working for :ashamed0005:

(((Shadow))))) its really hard when they ask us something, i find it really hard finding the confidence to know what i need and if its reasonable to ask for it.

But i think if you dont think anything needs to be changed, thats ok too. You don't have to change anything, i think the review just gives you the chance to say something. if you just say you'd like to do more things by yourself, that might be enough. when you are at the review they might ask you direct questions like what do you think about this or that but if you think its fine its ok to say that. You could ask them if they have any suggestions but if you don't think they will help you, you don't have to agree to anything.

Archived