Mental Health Forums

Anyone Tried Pregabalin?

me1234

hi

i started on this last week i am on 75mg at night for 2 weeks and then i take another 75mg in the morning. so far so good no side effects and it seems to be working. when i am around other people my heart no longer pounds and i no longer sweat like a total pig. my night sweats seem to have ceased too. i am waititng to see if this continues once the dose is increased or if the effects dwindle in time but so far so good. anxiety has been ruling my life for a long time and if this works i may have some freedom from it fingers crossed. i hope it works as well for u.

got a new pdoc and worker, both seem excellent (shrink even gave me his number and said ring him anytime!!!!!!!!)

he put me on 150mg a day to start, hope i get the euphoria need some of that.

fingers crossed

hi

i started on this last week i am on 75mg at night for 2 weeks and then i take another 75mg in the morning. so far so good no side effects and it seems to be working. when i am around other people my heart no longer pounds and i no longer sweat like a total pig. my night sweats seem to have ceased too. i am waititng to see if this continues once the dose is increased or if the effects dwindle in time but so far so good. anxiety has been ruling my life for a long time and if this works i may have some freedom from it fingers crossed. i hope it works as well for u.

how long did they take to kick in?

hi

i felt bit wobbly for the first day but after that it was all ok. i noticed my excessive sweating and heart beating massively fast stopped more or less straight away. i should have waited 2 whole weeks before starting the second dose but i started it again today so fingers crossed the second dose will make things even better. my sleep has also improved big time and also it has slowed my head down big time. i was always having thoughts racing round in my head all the time especially when i was trying to sleep but this seems to have slowed down. so all in all so far so good.

hi

i felt bit wobbly for the first day but after that it was all ok. i noticed my excessive sweating and heart beating massively fast stopped more or less straight away. i should have waited 2 whole weeks before starting the second dose but i started it again today so fingers crossed the second dose will make things even better. my sleep has also improved big time and also it has slowed my head down big time. i was always having thoughts racing round in my head all the time especially when i was trying to sleep but this seems to have slowed down. so all in all so far so good.

:trigger:

yeah i feel a bit spaced out, heavy head, a bit like coming down off beer a bit strange

hi

yes thats exactly the same feeling i had i didnt feel safe driving for that first day but the second day was fine. how was your sleep last night? do you have problems sleeping?

hi

yes thats exactly the same feeling i had i didnt feel safe driving for that first day but the second day was fine. how was your sleep last night? do you have problems sleeping?

i sleep ok i also take diazepam zzzzzzzzzzz i'm agoraphobic so driving is not a problem. it's supposed to have the same effect as alprazolam and lorazepam. what other meds are u on? if you don't mind me asking.

hi

i am on shed loads of medication, antabuse, campral,venlafaxine,buspiron,pregablin,thiamine,vitamin supplements,and am also using co codamol to help me cope. when i was in hospital i was put on lithium and that worked so well for my anxiety but my pdoc would not prescribe me it cos he said it was too addictive so he looked into what else he could give me and came up with this one. he was then not allowed to prescribe it cos of the health authority so he rang my gp and she isnt under the same rules apparently so she now prescribes it for me and i got it on repeat so thats good. i felt bit wobbly again yesterday after taking the new morning dose but i slept like a log last night and feel fine today. i too struggle with going out but as long as someone is there with me or meeting me at the other end i am ok. this mental health stuff really sucks doesnt it. well i am hoping after a while on this medication i will begin to get something of a life back. hope u do too take care,

hi

i am on shed loads of medication, antabuse, campral,venlafaxine,buspiron,pregablin,thiamine,vitamin supplements,and am also using co codamol to help me cope. when i was in hospital i was put on lithium and that worked so well for my anxiety but my pdoc would not prescribe me it cos he said it was too addictive so he looked into what else he could give me and came up with this one. he was then not allowed to prescribe it cos of the health authority so he rang my gp and she isnt under the same rules apparently so she now prescribes it for me and i got it on repeat so thats good. i felt bit wobbly again yesterday after taking the new morning dose but i slept like a log last night and feel fine today. i too struggle with going out but as long as someone is there with me or meeting me at the other end i am ok. this mental health stuff really sucks doesnt it. well i am hoping after a while on this medication i will begin to get something of a life back. hope u do too take care,

u take care as well, seeing my pdoc he is going to put me on other things as well, hoping lyrica will kick in soon. i hate effexor.

hi

u take care as well, seeing my pdoc he is going to put me on other things as well, hoping lyrica will kick in soon. i hate effexor.

well, i had the best nights sleep in ages last night, was up early (for me) event went into the garden!!!!!!!! didn't even have all my usual valium.

side effects still make me feel a bit drunk and tired, but hey i felt a bit 'normal' this morning, hope it lasts back to same old feelings again now but we'll see.

how you doing?

take care

meant to be on it but its still in box !!

BUT

pdoc/cpn/gp all say its brilliant

pdoc said many people he has put on it say its like a miracle

it is better than valium as its safer/not or less addictive and the muzzy head stuff is supposed to be a lot less

it can cause forgetfulness

but the evidence seems to suggest it is exceedingly good for anxiety

good luck to both of you x

hi

well day 3 of full dose and so far so good. i left the house today to take my mum for an app and i was even able to stay at hers for a coffee normally i would be itching to get home. i might even take the kids and the dog for a walk tomorro around the lake but my mum will have to come as i never take the kids anywhere alone. have had a really stressful day and normally my anxiety would be sky high visiting the loo many times and heart pounding like a train but it didnt i was still anxious but no where near the level i would be. i also suffer badly from night sweats but since starting these i have been dry every morning and not been woken by them so still so far so good, hope u ok today/ well done on the walk into the garden and hope each day brings something new. take care.

good to hear your progress, i've been in the garden a few times today. dry hands for the first time in a few months, catastrophizing getting less and less. talked more today than i have done in ages. side effects a bit better. can't wait to see what i can do when they fully kick in.

i think we are lucky getting pregab as they are mucho expensive and docs don't like prescribing them. anyway i'll update tomorrow. sweet dreams. just got to say i feel fantastic at the moment, should have had these years ago.

take care

meant to be on it but its still in box !!

BUT

pdoc/cpn/gp all say its brilliant

pdoc said many people he has put on it say its like a miracle

it is better than valium as its safer/not or less addictive and the muzzy head stuff is supposed to be a lot less

it can cause forgetfulness

but the evidence seems to suggest it is exceedingly good for anxiety

good luck to both of you x

try them for a week to see, the side effects were strong but my body is liking them now. it's hard to describe the feeling. the forgetfulness only lasts for about 10-20 seconds and doesn't happen often. i've been on seroquel and olazapine before and to me these are a million times better. if you do decide to try them let me know how you get on. :cap:

take care

daily update!

pregabalin = fantastic

i am having lots of good moments for the first time in months.

what else can i say , still have bad moments but getting stabalized.

how you doing spud

hi

hi

how are you doing?

pdoc is putting mine up to 300mg tomorrow, how are you doing with your increase?

take care

hi thats great news is it still having the same positive effect for you hope so.

i am not seeing my pdoc for another few weeks yet so have to stay on the 150mg for now. it is helping me but i think an increase would make it even better as i am still anxious in groups and around people and i think the higher dose would make this a little easier. i did actually speak in a group today which is the first time in well over 8 months so for me that is a miracle. thanks for starting this thread it helps me make think bout how its effecting me.

good for you, still seeing positive effects, also realising how ill i have been (scary). Don't know if i've been overdoing things in the last few days. group settings are hard but somtimes i don't shut up on these meds. trying not to want too much to quickly is hard as i know it will take time, can you blame me? relaxing on bed at mo - seems strange that my head is silent.

i'll keep you up to date with med increase.

if you rang yor pdoc could he put your dose up?

hi thats great news is it still having the same positive effect for you hope so.

i am not seeing my pdoc for another few weeks yet so have to stay on the 150mg for now. it is helping me but i think an increase would make it even better as i am still anxious in groups and around people and i think the higher dose would make this a little easier. i did actually speak in a group today which is the first time in well over 8 months so for me that is a miracle. thanks for starting this thread it helps me make think bout how its effecting me.

how are doing?

hi

still so far so good i actually went out for a few hours yesterday and i wasnt feeling like i had to run home. how is it on the higher dose.

hi

still so far so good i actually went out for a few hours yesterday and i wasnt feeling like i had to run home. how is it on the higher dose.

hi good to hear from you, glad to hear your progress

the first night on the higher dose i woke up at about 5am to go for a smoke, i almost fell down the stairs, bumped into the walls, blurred vision - well half blind really. managed to get back upstairs after a few attempts. Second day was a lot better, well i say better because i enjoyed the feeling. doing well on this dose at the moment, i was out in the garden for an hour today, 2 weeks ago i was sat in the chair all day anxious and crying all the time which i had been like for a month and a half. my mum says it's like that film the awakening.

i still have some scary moments, but on the whole i'ts the best i have felt for a long time. get a bit memory loss but i soon forget about that.

how's sobriety or lack of for you at the moment?

hi thats great news it sounds like it has changed u beyond belief and thats great. ~

me i am doing okayish on my dose but feel like its starting to level out and not havin as great an effect as it did. i have been out this morning to see my sw but the whole time i was wanting to come home. the memory loss thing i get too i can start a sentence and then forget what i am saying or say i need to pop in somewhere when i am out and then totally forget and come straight home. i can cope with all this if it means i can get out of the house and feel ok bout it. i am struggling big time not drinking at the moment and i have stopped taking my antabuse at the moment although i have not had a drink yet!!! will see how it goes.

do you ever get tired of every day having to be such a bloody fight cos i know i do i am so tired of fighting and would love a life where it was gentle and easier.

hi thats great news it sounds like it has changed u beyond belief and thats great. ~

me i am doing okayish on my dose but feel like its starting to level out and not havin as great an effect as it did. i have been out this morning to see my sw but the whole time i was wanting to come home. the memory loss thing i get too i can start a sentence and then forget what i am saying or say i need to pop in somewhere when i am out and then totally forget and come straight home. i can cope with all this if it means i can get out of the house and feel ok bout it. i am struggling big time not drinking at the moment and i have stopped taking my antabuse at the moment although i have not had a drink yet!!! will see how it goes.

do you ever get tired of every day having to be such a bloody fight cos i know i do i am so tired of fighting and would love a life where it was gentle and easier.

yes, i feel the same way. Drugs have been my problem, with binge drinking every so often. 17 pints of beer once a month used to keep me going. but sleeping tablets and valium were my crutch every day. not had a drink for 18 weeks now (personal best).

i find fighting the thoughts the hardest part. why have you stopped taking your antabuse? ring your doc and/or pdoc and tell them you are struggleing, the best dose of pregab is beween 300 and 600mgs a day as far as my research tells me. but i can understand your feelings totally, wanting something that you have relied totally on in the past but not being able to have it.

keep fighting.

take care

Archived