Mental Health Forums

Depixol Depot

JustOneMore

I was on this years ago. I cannot remember the dosage I was on but I was told it was a relatively low one.

Personally, I hated the drug and the fact that it was an injection in the bum was embarrassing for me. It made my arm shake, made me dribble and gave me slurred speech amongst other things. You may be lucky and not get side effects, though. I know i was prescribed a separate medication especially for the side effects, although for me it didnt completely erase them. It's worth enquiring about this if you do go on the meds and you get any side effects. On the plus side, you dont have to worry about taking tablets all the time. Hopefully, someone who has had a more positive experience of depixol will be able to give you a more balanced opinion also.

Hiya Justonemore,

I havent had direct exp of depixol depot, but a close friend in r/l was on it when she was bad, and disliked it.

After being on chlorpromazine & haldol/haloperidol in the past, and having extremely unpleasant exp. n them (google akathasia- something ALL takers of anti-ps should be very aware of- bloody drs told me nothing about this, and i thought i was dying / going mental with the restlessness , toungue twitches, jerky movements, scrambled head)

thats why they often give another pill (in my case cogentin, but i believe its off the market now & akineton (sp) is the new one- maybe that is procyclidine?)

I my exp, i would prefer being on zyprexa, despite being 15 1/2 stone at the time (my right weight is 10)

I disliked the idea that once it was in my body, there was no way to get it out, so i resisted depots when they tried when in-patient (vol).

I too hope someone has some positive stories. (to me serenace/ haldol was the worst med for s/effects)

Best wishes, xx am

I had the test dose on tuesday and I don't seem to have any adverse side effects, so fingers crossed when I get the full dose in 2 weeks.

I used to take Depixol tablets (flupenthixol), many years ago. I didn't have any side effects that I know of.

I've never had the depot injection though, sounds like a pain in the arse.

Hiya

Glad you are not having side effects. I hope you get on well on it.

Data "I've never had the depot injection though, sounds like a pain in the arse. " was that a pun :)

Take care xx am

Data "I've never had the depot injection though, sounds like a pain in the arse. " was that a pun :)

Yes, I have a childish sense of humour. No offence is intended :).

• 1 month later...

Archived