Mental Health Forums

Here We Go Again....

nrt123

So I went onto citalopram, onto a really low dosage, a few months ago and aside from having trouble with the idea that I have an illness that I am not sure I will ever be free of I have been feeling better. Yet, I have my masters dissertation in in a few weeks time and I am massively under prepared and under a lot of pressure. For some reason, as is always the case, my motivation and confidence levels which would be greatly useful in getting this done have dropped to zero. When did I become this pathetic?

I feel as if I am paralysed by fear about getting this all done on time, but that that is making it so much more likely that I wont get it done, it is so frustrating!

The worst part about it all is I know that once I'm on a downward spiral my moods and everything become a burden on everyone else. I don't know who to turn to or talk to. My mum is going on holiday to australia for a month, so I don't want to talk to her because I know she will just worry and it will ruin her trip. I can't talk to my dad and sister because they will tell my mum. I don't even think I can be around my boyfriend because we just end up arguing because he tries to help me get on with it, but it just makes me feel under more pressure and I get defensive even though I know he's only trying to help.

I don't know what to do aside from cutting ties with everyone until its over, but then the idea of going it alone is terrifying.

I am supposed to be starting a PhD in october and right now I just can't. But then what do I do, give up and become nothing?

Archived