Mental Health Forums

Thought I Was Better!?!

wheelie84

For years ive battled with eating and weight and at my lowest point i was dangerously ill but i managed to turn things around. Six months ago i reached a healthy weight and was discharged but now i feel im heading back down the wrong path again. I feel so out of control with my eating and feel unbearably fat. Ive started counting calories, taking diet pills and purging again. Im struggling with what to do and have no one to talk to that understands. Please help me!

Hi wheelie84,

Sorry you are struggling with your eating again. When you were discharged 6 mths ago were you given any advice on what to do or where to turn for help if things got difficult again? Are you in the UK? Maybe discussing things with your GP would be a good idea? If you have no one to talk to who you feel understands or is able to help you have you considered trying therapy either on the NHS or private? I think it's really important you try and tell someone what is going on for you so that you can get some support/ help with this before things get even worse. Take care, Tiga xx

Archived