Mental Health Forums

I Am Sick Sick Sick Of Being Depressed

Christine001

so been away, but this time did some relative visiting and now on a downer, comes over me makes it difficult to be motivated and thoughts of sh. I sort of know the trigger, thought it could be just a mood swing but I am so so so sick of it. so sick of pulling myself alone dragging myself up. trying to show I can function like normal. I am sick of staying in bed when the kids are down stairs of basically struggling after a few weeks of feeling good. sorry just a rant,

(((Christine)))) you rant away!! I can totally relate as all I keep thinking about is the 8 months of this year I've wasted in depression. Makes me feel sick, sick, sick too if I think too long about it. :(

thanks cats,

I am so low today, alcohol and arguing didnt help, get so self destructive.

havent heard anything from cpn since 8th august when she cancelled appt, due to my self destructive bit cant contact her as she has let me down. back to work tommorrow and have to be fine. oh dear this is so hard again.

sorry for being a misery.

((((Christine)))) can you try to get past the destructive part of you and contact your CPN before you go back to work tomorrow. In DBT, this is called Opposite Emotion Action - you are feeling let down since she cancelled the appt and now you won't contact her. You are aware of your feelings and know that you are being self-destructive but try to do the opposite to what your emotions are telling you and contact her. It might help you feel better knowing that you have another appt arranged.

I hope work is OK for you tomorrow.

And, you're not a misery sweets - you are unwell and finding it difficult to cope. I have real admiration for you that you do go to work - I don't know how you do it knowing how you feel a lot of the time.

Thinking of you xxxx

I know how you feel. I get these phrases that keep running around in my head "sick of being sick, tired of being tired, bored of being bored" round and round and round

I am sick of struggling alone. In Sweden they don't know a thing about BPD. I can relate to the feeling of frustration for being depressed most time of the year. My psychiatrist told me that there is very little one can do for people who are emotional unstable!!! For crying out loud that's why I go to him!!! I am wasting my life in bed struggling not only with depression but also with constant headaches! I am so angry for not getting help that really works! So Christine, you see you are not alone and at least for me, this forum is the only thing that works, it gives me comfort. I hope we can get out of the hole we are in.

Archived