Mental Health Forums

Decorating!

donnam

finally, we are getting the kids bedrooms fully sorted, they have been sharing for 4 years, and now hubby relingushed the 3rd room, we have taken everything out, taken old wallpaper off and in laws repapered, tonight we are going to paint it 2 shades of blue, and then buy buzz wall stickers, for my son, and hopefully a buzz rocket rug too.

and my little girls room is also been done, all old wall paper stripped, except behind radiator as radiator not playing ball, and wont switch off. so once that is sorted will remove remaining wall paper and repaper tomorrow, and then we are going to paint pink and purple, and buy cat stickers to put on the walls, and a cat rug as this is what she wants.

oh and bought a new hamster to replace one that died and tamed it ready for them.

all this since yesterday!

down side is i miss my kids like mad! they are 2 hours away with my parents so not under our feet, though they sound like they are having a nice time, and i ring them 2-3 times a day. also missing my dog lol, as she is also down there.

and the rest of the house looks like a bomb has hit it as everything has been cleared from their rooms, and our house not the biggest lol. but they are sooo worth it and cant wait to see their faces when see their new rooms. :D

radiator now sorted hubby nipped to homebase and got new valve, fitted it and radiator now off, and paper stripped, now started painting sons room

k room ready for wall paper tomorrow, and s room mostly painted hubby just finishing off the bit above the cupboard i cant reach, and the little bit of light blue he has left to finish, worked from bout 8.30 til 11.45 pm with just time to eat lunch and t! so shattered

update

my daughters room is now been wall papered, half or more done, and my sons room, has had 1st coat of paint on, and almost finished second coat!

tho last night hubby lost his temper aft we finshed for night so fell into crisis. but wont go into here

further update u are probably bored of em by now lol

sons bedroom finished, apart from putting up buzz lightyear stickers which i still have to order and his buzz curtains, which are on order. so he will be happy. bed and drawers back in his room, and already has a fixed wardrobe, as it covers the stair well bit, that sticks up.

daughters room, now has 2 coats of pink paint on one wall, and 2 coats of purple paint is nearly done, once her cabin bed is moved so we can get to it. and in laws will do second coat on last wall still to paint, while we are at the wedding, so painting will be dry and sorted by the time we come back on sunday. where bed is going is already sorted apart from the gloss on the skirting boards so will be moved into place tonight.

sons room looks lovely all finished, and managed some playing space even tho it is the smallest room (as he is the youngest) it looks quite big.

K wil be delighted to get S out of her room lol, she wants her own space and he is messy so she says, now i will trully know who is the messy one, no more excuses on their front.

downstairs still looks like a bomb has hit it! think we need a bookcase for all their books, they have hundreds! though my daughter loves reading so cant complain. and i never knew they had so many clothes! probably cos i found half of them in katies bed (after they had supposedly put them away) some more stuffed in every gap possible, including new school stuff for this year, which i has previously put away.

Cad, you really have been busy!! Been following your updates - certainly not bored of them! - but not known what to say, just cheering you on and loving hear about how it all unfolds :)

Both rooms sound brilliant!!

Re: bookcases, keep an eye out in any second hand or other charity shops, as often can get lovely sized ones, and with a quick sand down or a lick of paint look fab - that's what i've done with mine - I have 5, couldn't afford 5 new ones haha!

xxx

and LOL at the kids "tidying" - L has started doing that now - I keep finding socks down the backs of radiators, underpants and vests under pillows, and everything else gets stuffed behind the headboard!!! :lol:

hehe, L sounds like Scott lol, scott fed my radiator crackers! things kids do. how old is L? Scottie starts school on tuesday, cant believe 4 already. Katie starts the juniors. both seem excited, all Katies friends moving to juniors with her, for some reason, infant and juniors not on same campass.

good idea with the bookcases thank you, will see if i can get some pics up on mon, not easy job, as my comp refuses!, so will have to see if i email Shadow from my phone if somehow she can get them up for me. i am not tech minded lol.

haha Logan is 4, gunna be 5 in Nov and starts full-time school next week!!! Eeeek!!!! Can feel the grey hairs sprouting haha.

The school L is at, was a seperate infants and juniors until a couple years ago, they're across the road from each other and are now a primary, so there's the playgroup hut, nursery hut, and key stage 1 building on one side of the road, and the key stage 2 building on the other side.

Good luck for S & K with starting school!! big steps for both of them :') Will look forward to seeing pics :) xx

to say Logan is only 4 his writing is amazing! scottie cant write at all!!!!!!! he wil be 5 in april. both my lot looking forward to it so far. but may change their mind on tues

:) he's been reading since before turning three, and started writing not long after that :) There are a few "concerns" that he will misbehave in school because he is ahead on all the education side of things, even though through nursery it's play-based learning, he found it so unstimulating, so his new teacher has been excellent and said she will do some basic tests with him following the last evaluation with the SENCO woman to determine what level he's working at, and will set a meeting for some time near october half-term with me to discuss and see whether we need some further involvement with the special educational needs co-ordinator to try to alter his school activities to suit him to keep him learning and entertained (he's been "flagged" as a gifted and talented child since around the age of 3, reads at the expected age level of 7yr olds and maths of 6yr olds). He gets so naughty when he's bored, bless him.

He was upset yesterday because he thought he was starting school today, but he's super excited for starting tomorrow. Sorry, i've blathered on. Not often i play the braggy mum haha.

I hope your little ones don't change their mind about looking forward to it. the changes must be a bit daunting for them, but am sure they'll love it. :) xxx

thats fantastic hun, hope they really push him on, and not surprised u are so proud of him, scottie can read one word lol, (tho on the ds he caqn navigate his way around yes and no and all sorts without any probs) so not sure if just lazy. i was worried he had problems, but nobody listening to me, and struggles with writing etc. yes reception is usually play based, so def make sure they give him the right stimultion, maybe see if he can go into some of the year 1 or 2 classes for some subjects maybe once he has settled and made a few friends? if he is eager to learn make the most of it hun.

katie did well on her sats got level 3 for reading, which is way above average, highest u can get and above average on maths and english, but reading her fav.

Awrr you've got yourself a little bookworm too! so cute!

See, Logan hates maths, but we practice and play lots of games, and he's good at it so long as it's applied to a game or activity - such as measuring baking ingredients and working out what 225g flour and 225g sugar would equal when added together etc, and not "obvious maths rubbish" in his words haha, and he loves his Wii games and his ds, and i think that's where most of his word usage has come from, esp following directions/instructions, as it's all to do with recognising the shapes of letters and words initially, and i think the games help with that cause often include visual cues too. :)

I wouldn't say it's laziness though hun, lol. maybe he's just not too keen on reading etc, might be more of a maths/science/sports boy. They all have their strengths and weaknesses afterall, it's just trying to find a way to get them to at least participate if not enjoy the non-fave stuffs, which can be hard. xx

scott is def better at maths but only simpl stuff no way on lines of logan, but he is outdoorsy, loves kicking a ball etc, was/ is a good aim, wil be outdoor at any opportunity. not bothered what he wants to do when older except u know not getting on wrong side of law, just want him happy and healthy, same with katie, she wants to be baker at the min, and i said i would be chief taster. if what she wants fine by me. no pressure on our part i know that all too well

• 2 weeks later...

Cadence try posting in the Gallery (more forgiving of size there), otherwise its a bit time consuming to get a good size for threads; I resize my images in Photoshop.

Archived