Mental Health Forums

New Drawing - Address Love

Saharah Blue

Just sharing here a little. I did this piece a little while ago and sent it off in a letter, I have kept thinking about it so I did it again and scanned it this time. I think I would like to paint it on wood some day.

I don't know that is a lack of confidence, I know that sounds arrogant, but I was an art student most of my young years. It is that I generally have feelings of frustration and dislike for the work I produce. The work is not bad, but the emptiness or pent up anger I am feeling doesn't process through the work.

I feel like that is starting to fade a little *knock on wood*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

yay you did it :)

looks fantastic and the natural patterns of the wood compliment the movement of the fabric so well. it looks lovely and floaty xxx

Thank you Vivien, I have never painted on wood before so I was a bit nervous with the prep, but the clear coat I put on last night just dried and I have hung the pic right above my puter. It is making me happy.

*feels all grown up making art that is actually hung on the wall.

Brilliant! xxx

Now let's not get too carried away!! :devil: ....there is still a school of thought that suggests symetry still prevails over assymetry, and rote before individualism........personally I would have preferred a more feminine line with softer curves on the hips, perhaps more pleating, and certainly a rouche or two..........but then what do i know, I'm just a Lumberjack!! :D:sofa: :mad0233:

Thank you, It is a nice little gem that was born of given allowing myself to create again. It has been nice to have something to share with others, I am pleased that I feel good to do so. I like how it has turned out too.

Archived