Mental Health Forums

Anyone Remember These "nostalgia" Things? :)

Fuck-My-Life

Perhaps some people havent, but just wondering if anyone remembers these old nostalgia things from years ago, and if you liked/disliked them?

1) Mr Blobby; I remember I used to love Mr Blobby, I even had a Mr Blobby punch thing! He used to be on Noel's House Party alot, and I would always laugh at him!

2) Rainbow (kids TV programme); again, used to watch Rainbow. But does anyone remember that Christmas panto they did? Where Zippy was this yellow dwarf who stole all the colours away and Geoffrey and Bungle were on a mission to find them.... there was this bit where Freddys head was an orange tree, and he had a REALLY creepy voice and look. Me and and my sister used to dive behind the sofa in fear!!!! Oh and these god awful red lips with a much creepier voice... I still get frightened watching and listening to it now, cant believe it was for kids!

3) Hand/feet shape ice lolly shapes; I cant remember what these were called, but they were delish! I had some when I was 8 years old in a packet from the ice cream freezer. They were all different flavours, but cant remember what they were called now.

4) Furbys; I had one called Trodie. He used to get bored of me quickly and start snoring though. He sadly died a few years ago..

5) BN biscuits; I loved the strawberry ones, but I think they stopped making them a while ago?

6) McDonalds McChicken Premieres; generally not a big fan of McDonalds, but would quite happily scoff a McChicken Premiere when I could with fries and a Coke :)

7) Tamagotchis; I went mad with a boy at my primary school once for killing the dinosaur I had on it, as he let it starve! Generally, they would die though :(

8) SM:TV; I used to watch this in my PJs every weekend, or what I could. Watched Diggit more though. Also CD:UK. Kids telly just isnt the same any more... ;)

9) Mizz magazine; Used to buy this religiously every week... still have my free ankle bracelet kicking about somewhere. Any other females get this? :)

10) Vengaboys; Ah the memories... I still have their albums, reminds me of a teen growing up listening to them, even if they were cheesey!

Anyone got any others? :)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr Frosty - iced drinks maker.

Sodastream - drinks maker.

Does anyone remember Chamboussy (spelling) real chocolate mousse, just don't tell the children ads? :rambo:

I remember most of these

and ring pops

and push pops

and slinkys the springy toy

I had a furby to but it was annoying lol kept talking when I was trying to sleep.

I think you can still get Tamagotchis, I had a few but they kept dying i forgot to feed them

Used to love vengaboys still have there album i think

Made me laugh about the Furby, Jules. I could just imagine you trying to sleep with "You, SING me! Sing, sing!"

Push pops... I remember them, but I dont think my folks were keen for me to have one.... full of sugar! Slinkies are great :)

Basil Brush before they brought him back

Sindy Dolls

Tiny Tears

Pacemakers green minty sweets

Opal fruits

Wagon Wheels

The Wombles

Old Spice

Shaker-maker (plaster of paris moulding kit)

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down

Top of the Pops old styley with the dancers

mouse trap!!

chocolate honey combs also in mint flavor they were huge (might be going back to far now haha)

a comic called misty all about ghosts and stuff loved em!!

i had a tiny tears and a doll that when you turned her upside down she would wail lol

mary mongo and midge three flat mates a girl a dog and a mouse i think lol (cartoon)

rhubarb and custard

and a bar not sure if it were called carabians coconut and cherries innit nommy!!

i remember three channels bbc1 bbc2 and itv lol

and norman wisdom films (mr pipkin)

some mother do have em!! um betty!!

on the buses...

and cross roads lmao (with benny coming back with his beani hahaha!!!!

and good old knotts landing

and them things ya used to have on a string knakers or something like that too balls ya used to knock together (christ nearly knocked my self out witht hem and owie if ya hit ya hands with them !!!! ouch ouch ouch lol

mary mungo and midge - lived with marys parents in a tower block and midge sat on mungos nose so that he could reach the lift button...

OMFG

crystal tips and alistair

andy pandy

speak and spell

spitting image

trimphones

I love this!! :)

My furby is still alive!!! Logan has him in his room now haha, he's called Lupe and I blame my screwed up sleeping pattern on him, thanks to the calls right through the night for food, food, and more bloody food. Didn't have it in me to move him out of my bedroom ever, though, so i guess it was my own doing...maybe. I still blame him.

And tamagotchis!!! I used to get in sooooo much trouble in primary - i kept mine in my tray and one time ran over mid-spelling test to feed my triceratops :) awrrr. i want one!

Oh, it's not exactly a little kid memory, but I adored (and still do! I make Logan watch it with me these days haha!) Wolves, Witches And Giants..the one that Spike Milligan narrated. <3

I went through my old videos the other week - my nana kept hold of them all, bless her - and Logan is now the proud owner of Raggydolls, Old Bear Stories (this was my absolute FAVE video EVER, I watched it every evening), Art Attack, Animals Of Farthing Wood, Rosie And Jim..... Awrrr, I love them all!

xxx

LOL at some of these Villan I used to love spitting Image.

Play school,I am showing my age pmsl

Rainbow

Prisoner cell block h (I have these on DVD) was watching them last night LOL

Swap shop LOL

Magic Roundabout.

Off the top of my head....

Fraggle Rock

Fireball Jawbreakers

Findus crispy pancakes

Terrahawks

Boglins

Number 73

Timmy Mallett and Wacaday

Why Don't You?

Spectrum

Sega Master system

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (The first time round)

The Big Breakfast

Forever Friends

Happy Hardcore

Dready

And...The best cartoon of all......

Archived