Mental Health Forums

Paroxetine

rainking

Paroxetine is also called Paxil or Paxil CR.

I am not on this and never have been.

Trazadone I am on 200 mg HS. I find this helpful for sleep and it has antidepressant quailities.

bets

On the main BPD World site it says "Paxil is used to treat depression and anxiety.; it comes in tablets and does not have to be taken with food"

on the box i have it says" swallow these whole with or after food" i think i'd rather take my doctors advice on how to use these tablets

I took it in the past but it made no difference to me so they took me off it. It may work for u tho i like my uniqueness. I dont take many meds at all now lol they let me go loopy instead!!

Tory

• 3 weeks later...

i was on paxil till a few months ago, well i still take 10mg's but that' nothing. paxil helps a lot of people, but it did not help me. this may be really wierd, but i started taking it because i was having a lot of sexualilty issues and paxil numbs that side of you. i have major memory problems so i didn't remember why i started taking it. when i asked my doc to change meds he brought it up. now i am on wellubutrin, and i actually have feelings again.... i am not good at talking about this kind of stuff.

i took trazodone as a sleeping pill, and it knocked me out but i never felt rested.

just remember, every one reacts differently to each med that they take. some people start to lift up in a couple of months, but then there's me, 10 years of trying meds and still in the pit.

Have have been taking paxil for nearly a month they worked great for the first 3 weeks now they have stopped working and my doctor says i have to keep on them for a least another couple of months.

Archived