Mental Health Forums

How Do You Feel About People With Antisocial Personality Disorder?

Dice

id have to agree with pie and toaster, having googled it i have 2 traits.

Not being funny or anything, But are you saying you have two traits of ASPD because you just looked up about it on google??? Or have you been told you have by a PSY???... If you're saying you have two traits of it by looking on google yourself, Please don't!!!... Put it this way many many people have read about BPD and said they have it and then when they have seen a PSY it turns out they don't have it... " Normal " People can feel what a BPD'r does at times, But it doesn't mean they have it...

im not saying i have traits due to reading up on it,

1. im not that much of a c**t

2. after the numerous psychiatric assessments, bpd was brought up and treatments..... i panicked and walked out.

3. i have been told by professionals that i have problems other than bpd..... which after reading the DSM criteria, are in there.

bad day got worse! awesome!

I don't know how I feel towards people with ASPD, same as I feel differently about ALL people, whatever their issues are, I know many people with BPD, some I love and have a great time with, others, I wouldn't piss in their mouths if their teeth were on fire. The same goes for most mental health issues in my opinion, people are still people, no matter what their condition is.

If you've (Dice) been diagnosed with, then, I think a lot of that particular person with ASPD. You have a big heart,and a lot of love in you ,and a lot of fight in you to for the people you care about.

Don't let them label you as one thing, we are ALL different.

marc x

Hi Dice

I can tell you what I feel about you, and thats that I have always liked you. I think you have a great sense of humour, you wear your emotions on your sleeve and you love your pets. Personally I have never had a problem with you for as long as I have been here

I dont know about ASPD, but I have certainly come across people on here who are very anti-social, with dx's other than ASPD, so as others have said: It depends how the person has treated me. If they hurt me, or hurt the people I am friends with, or are trying to get one over on me, then I'm not going to want to be around them. A person needs to give me a reason to want to avoid them, and a dx alone is not that reason.

I hope that whatever dx they try to hang on you, they give you the support you are needing.

Okay thank you for being honest with me hummm... So your like the same view as Vivien as in you see the " Person " And not the " Diagnosis " The person has... I do agree with you on that, If a person hurt you why would you want to stick around them and things... It is good to hear I haven't scared you off...

i guess u have to listen to the doc, but remember the doc is going on what u have told him.

how do u feel about it?

Honestly I do find it funny, But confusing too... It came as a shock to me, Because I have always asked and asked all of my Psy's what my DX's is, And no one would tell me until she did... Maybe I just add I still do have BPD... She told me I have a very complicated DX's, With everything...

Most aspd's have a conscience, they just do not show it or bury it away - it's different to psychopathy - aspd is more sociopathy than anything.

I have no problems with it. I'm apparently a narcissist with psychopathic traits and people seem to take to me fine, and those that don't then that's their problem not mine. Of course - if one acts out in a negative manner then hostility is to be expected from the other party, regardless of disorder.

Indeed I agree but do you not think some people would be and are " Careful " Around you for having that DX???... I think myself if I was to share people what DX, They would be even more aware of me then " Normal " ... But is that para or not??? Who know's...

Yes I think so, especially if they don't fully understand it - some people are afraid of what they don't know which makes them wary of others.

There might be people more aware of you - But I suppose if you're capable of trust and you decide to share you can seperate the wheat from the chaff - in other words, you'll know who your friends are.

Indeed I will and I guess in time, I will find out who they really are... I don't think any one can fully understand a diagnosis whether they have it themselves or other people around then, I dunno know... I hope people on here if do they come more " Aware " Of me with my posts and replys, I would hope they would have the " Balls " To say to me about it...

I know they're not the best replies in the world, But my head is still buzzing around...

I guess for me if someone just walked right up to me (not having known them) and said they had ASPD i might be a little cautious but then I think i would be with any stranger.

But if someone i knew said they had it (whether knowing them via internet/forums or in real life) then i would judge by how they behaved towards me not just the label.

I would imagine that just like BPD where you can have any 5 out of 9 criteria and so 2 peeps with BPD can present differently, i would imagine the same with ASPD that 2 peeps with it could have different parts that they match up with so to speak and so could both act differently to one another while they both might have the same label.

Dice, while I may have seen you angry on here before, (as everyone gets at times) you have only ever behaved friendly and considerately towards me, therefore, whatever your diagnosis it would not change the way I interact with you.

I would still be happy to be friends on here with you hun

x

I don't know how I feel towards people with ASPD, same as I feel differently about ALL people, whatever their issues are, I know many people with BPD, some I love and have a great time with, others, I wouldn't piss in their mouths if their teeth were on fire. The same goes for most mental health issues in my opinion, people are still people, no matter what their condition is.

If you've (Dice) been diagnosed with, then, I think a lot of that particular person with ASPD. You have a big heart,and a lot of love in you ,and a lot of fight in you to for the people you care about.

Don't let them label you as one thing, we are ALL different.

marc x

HAHAH That make me laugh " others, I wouldn't piss in their mouths if their teeth were on fire " ... I couldn't agree more with you on that ^^^... Bless you for saying that about me... You know I have asked and asked to know what my " Label's " Are and it has took them this long to share this one with me, I don't want " Label's " But I do want to know what they're, If that makes sense o.O... Then finding out you have ASPD on your record/File is not one of the best things you could have on there ahaha...

I guess for me if someone just walked right up to me (not having known them) and said they had ASPD i might be a little cautious but then I think i would be with any stranger.

But if someone i knew said they had it (whether knowing them via internet/forums or in real life) then i would judge by how they behaved towards me not just the label.

I would imagine that just like BPD where you can have any 5 out of 9 criteria and so 2 peeps with BPD can present differently, i would imagine the same with ASPD that 2 peeps with it could have different parts that they match up with so to speak and so could both act differently to one another while they both might have the same label.

Dice, while I may have seen you angry on here before, (as everyone gets at times) you have only ever behaved friendly and considerately towards me, therefore, whatever your diagnosis it would not change the way I interact with you.

I would still be happy to be friends on here with you hun

x

Indeed you would be and should be, As you never know... Okay so am I right in thinking that I am not going to be chased around by members for the time being??? :bigeyed: :bigeyed: :bigeyed: As you don't just see me as a " Lable " ...

I do agree with what you have said Silver and thank you for being honest with me...

Thank you for being honest with me Cats, Pammy, J, Poppy Pop Tart, Vivien, Narcisaa and Hummm... And yes I may not even make great sense with what I am saying back right now and last night, But my head is gone :eh:

You are you and we wont love you less no matter what traits you might have.

I think you might want to talk about this more with your new psy,it brought up so much for you I think youd benefit from getting it all clearer.

Lily

((((Dice)))) just want to say that you have always been lovely to me and my feelings about you haven't changed :hug2: xxxx

Thank you cats for saying that and for the hug's too :] ...

You are you and we wont love you less no matter what traits you might have.

I think you might want to talk about this more with your new psy,it brought up so much for you I think youd benefit from getting it all clearer.

Lily

Thank you Lily... You're right I really do need to talk more with her, But I won't see her again until 20th Dec ffs!!! Plus after she told me, I was trying to ask about it and all her and my CPN both said was " Just look at the list of all the Personality Disorder's we gave you... " ... Like what the fuck??? Then I was push'd out of the door, As I was in there for more than the " 20 Minutes " ...

That sounds pretty harsh that they kicked you out just saying to read the list for an explanation instead of like debriefing you as to why they think that, but must admit they did similar thing with me when they said I had BPD.

So yeah not great practice I think :rolleyes:

But on the flip side if you've got a gap until seeing Pdoc in December, might give you some time to put together any questions you have about it and any explanations you might want?

Instead of being rushed into an appointment straight away where it doesn't really give a chance to think about what you might wanna know?

Dunno, know it might feel like a bombshell has been dropped on you but the time to think could be helpful hun

x

That sounds pretty harsh that they kicked you out just saying to read the list for an explanation instead of like debriefing you as to why they think that, but must admit they did similar thing with me when they said I had BPD.

So yeah not great practice I think :rolleyes:

But on the flip side if you've got a gap until seeing Pdoc in December, might give you some time to put together any questions you have about it and any explanations you might want?

Instead of being rushed into an appointment straight away where it doesn't really give a chance to think about what you might wanna know?

Dunno, know it might feel like a bombshell has been dropped on you but the time to think could be helpful hun

x

Indeed it is not, But it is not the first time they have done that... Pffft wankers!!!...

I guess it does, But I hate having to wait for answers, I just don't have the time to wait ( But I do, But I don't, If that even makes sense... ) ... I have a feeling they won't tell me about it, Then still don't about my BPD... I just have a Q I really wanna know more about and I have had it for so long but not sure how to ask it and put it across, I have tried to do it on here a little bit back and it just won't come out right, Anyway erm when I look'd up about ASPD when I got home, Some things what it said hit home with me and now I wonder is this ASPD in me or what???... I know that won't make sense at all to any one bar me :\ ...

Archived