Mental Health Forums

Progress Food-Wise

CrippleAndStarfish

Hiya all,

so, I made a post a few days back about my boring lack of a varied diet. After hearing all your responses, and reading a few other posts regarding everyone cooking and all the gorgeous meals people have been eating.... i figured I really needed to get my backside in gear.

Hasn't been without tears, tantrums, and icky feelings, but this is some of the stuff i've done the past couple of days -

replaced my george foreman grill - been meaning to do this for a couple years, finally got round to it, and feel good for it. I'm a bit of a scaredy-cat when it comes to meat and fish, but am okay using a grill, so it means i'm able to do some diff yummy meals, and with ease too....

used said grill to make lemon pepper salmon this evening, with grilled veg, and wholegrain mustard and dill creme fraiche. was delicious!

have had breakfast, lunch, and dinner yesterday and today.

drank 7 glasses of water, and fresh juice too.

had a cup of tea on the morning with breakfast, one mid-afternoon, one about 5ish, and then one just after 8 instead of my usual cup every hour, replacing meals with a cuppa etc.... and cut down from 2 sugars to one.

yesterday for dinner had a yorkshire pudding, veg, a bit of sweet potato and swede mash and gravy, instead of my usual cup of tea, pint of coca cola and maybe a crisp sandwich.

for dinner yesterday had chargrilled chicken with salad. Today lunch was a cheese and ham panini (again on the george foreman) with salad.

was naughty this eve and had tortilla chips with mild salsa and melted cheese, and a small glass of wine, but i enjoyed it while it lasted and managed to ride out the sickness and "bad person, fat person" thoughts and feelings that came along afterwards.

Tomorrow, breakfast is a cinnamon and raisin bagel and a cup of rasperry tea, lunch will be something quick, probably make an ickle pizza with a ciabatta slice with tomato puree and melted cheese. Got plenty fruit about to snack on, and then I'm not sure what's for dinner, but am going round to my nana's later on in the day for the meal so will probably be some sort of comfort grub, maybe shepherd's pie.

Have decided that if I manage this, and without having a binge either tonight or tomorrow, then i've got a little tub of Ben & Jerry's that i'm gunna treat myself to tomorrow evening.

Also requested re-referral to dietician to get some help with conjuring up a meal plan so I can get my weight down a bit (it's been up and down so badly the past 6 months or so, weight has been yo-yoing over a 3 stone difference, that it's not only worrying those around me but it's playing havoc on my back and legs.... and my wardrobe too!!) and to spur me on to eat regularly and healthily.

so, that's me!!

Typically, I have urges to snarfle a bag or 7 of wotsits now!!!!! Sheeeeesh!! I'ma go make a milkshake instead.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

you're doing great crip, it all sounds delish and i know it can be hard cooking, i've always preferred doing it for other people rather than just me. but its worth doing.

i've been meaning to try your tortilla, cheese and salsa treat ever since i saw it in a different thread so i'm going to definitely have that sometime this week

xxxx

that is absolutely fantastic, you should be so proud, don't think I could manage that well in several months.

:blush02:

I so could relate to the tantrum and tears part, uh I thought it was just me

Thankyou all so much!!! :')

I've been a muppet today and for breakfast had a cinnamon and raisin bagel, glass of orange juice, a cup of tea........ and a bowl of ice cream....

oooops! Was nommy though. I've had a ciabatta slice pizza as i said i would for lunch, but my stomach is rumbling like mad and empty and I'm getting all these bingy-urges, so just trying to ride them out. I'm tired today, and in pain, and I'm not feeling too confident in being able to get through rest of day slip-up free, but I'm gunna keep trying.

xxxxxx

Thankyou sugar, love you too xxxx I've just done A Naughty and munched the crisps I got for L...ahh, nevermind. they were nice, and he's at my mum's until Tues, so I'll just take him to the shop for some more when he gets dropped off. xxx

crip have you tried oat cakes?? Honestly, they do fill you up and are tasty. They come in packets of 6 so you feel like you are having a good snack.

I like them with honey if I need summat sweet and with hummus or Philadelphia cheese if I'm in a savoury mood. I find they take the urge away if I'm in a 'give me crisp or give me death' mood xxxxxxxxxxxxx

crip have you tried oat cakes?? Honestly, they do fill you up and are tasty. They come in packets of 6 so you feel like you are having a good snack.

I like them with honey if I need summat sweet and with hummus or Philadelphia cheese if I'm in a savoury mood. I find they take the urge away if I'm in a 'give me crisp or give me death' mood xxxxxxxxxxxxx

hiya fedup darlin',

I've never tried them, noooo, but a few people have recommended that i do.. I really should! I love the sound of nomming them with honey.... mmmmm. I've written it on my shopping list for Tuesday. thankyouuuu. and LOL at the give me crisp or... !!!! That feeling occurs waaaay too often for me. xxxxxxxxxx

haaaahhaaaaaaaaa crip!!

Have a look at the oatcakes - I like Nairn's Scottish Oatcakes - as they come in a few different flavours too xxxxxxxxxxx

**crip and fedup! start the oatcake fan club and urge new members to join us**

yea they really are yummy considering that they're healthy too.

i'm trying to control my biscuit eating by having an oatcake first and then seeing if i still want biccies after that (small steps!)

Archived