Mental Health Forums

Drama Therapy

lonelyheartemma

I'm seeing the therapist tomorow. its an assesment to see if group therapy will suit me so i might not get the chance to talk about my problems, he might have set things he has to ask me about.

has anyone else had an assesment for this, if you have what happened?

even tho it probably isnt his job to support me until we are actually in a session together are there maybe things i should tell him anyway just so the mental health team is aware of how i feel atm?

I dont feel nervous about it for some reason, i'm really interested in the whole idea of it, I almost dont mind if it doesnt help me because its something new to learn about. but i want to get as much from the session as i resonably can

the only thing that worries me is he has a french name so i'm worried i won't be able to understand his accent!

If its an assessment im sure u will be able to tell him the problems you have, I havent had drama therapy but i did have group therapy and really the questions are not that hard, tbh i dont know why they need to assess you if you have been approved but thats just my opinion but guess the group T will just want to have a better understanding of your problems before you start.

During my group Therapy i also had the occassion 1 to 1 with the group Therapist and its here that we decided together that i also needed another therapy so yeah go along it can open other doors for you even if you feel its not the right therapy its not the end so to speak things can change.

good luck hope it goes well.

glad u not nervouse

emo xxx

Archived