Mental Health Forums

Funny Little Habits

marc-74

Some of mine are because of my OCD, But I won't let you know which ones are OCD and which aren't ;]... And I have a few...

1. If I use the kettle, I have to tip any water out of it and then put some water in and then tip it out again and I have to do that three times, Then I can use it...
  2. I have to wash my cup/glass out 3 times with water before I can use it and drink from it...
  3. I have to wash my spoon 3 times before I can use it too...
  4. When I make a coffee, I always have to put the sugar in first then the coffee then the milk and mix it up, Then the hot water...
  5. I have to wash my hair three times, When I do it...
  6. I have to wash myself three times when I am having a shower...
  7. I have a fag as soon as I am dry from the shower, Then I can brush my hair...
  8. If I have a roast dinner, I always leave my meat till last...
  9. I suck crisps :eh: ...
  10. I play music every time I go outside for a fag...
  11. I always use more than one dot, I always have to have three dots or ??? or !!! ...
  12. When I open a new bread, I have to take the 3rd one, And leave the first two...
  13. Now I have start'd when I go shopping, That I have to pick the 3rd one from the front of whatever thing I am getting...

Hmmm I do have more, But if I say anymore I am gonna sound ever more weird :glasses02: ...

I just know i'm going to get the giggles the next time my mum says shes going outside to do some pegging.

once my dad asked me if i knew what scrimping meant! I was a bit shocked he was asking me something like that but i told him and he was like no, it means being very careful to spend as little money as possible. aparently my grandma used to do it when she was a little girl.

when i was on work experience my mum insisted on calling me working girl, she told the milkman i was a working girl now, i was like omg mum don't say that it means prostitute! and she said no of course it doesnt and carried on calling me working girl.

getting back on topic i always kind of spell names out with my feet when i'm walking, i don't make the shapes of the letters but each footstep is 1 letter. sometimes i do a whole list of names in a certain order without losing my place or losing a step. other times if theres a crack in the pavement i have to choose names that are just the right length so they finish on the last step before i cross the crack. other times i have to choose a name thats long enough to take me over the crack. it helps pass the time and take my mind off bad stuff!

I think that's what it is with my counting everything Emma - it doesn't have to be a certain number to fill the kettle, or fill the bath - I just count how long it takes and I think it's just my mind distracting itself like you do with the names. xx

I have OCD and do alot of stuff my days are just constant rituals and stuff, for example i empty and refill the kettle 12 times first thing in the morning, i use the 6th and 7th slices of bread, if i don't dress for the day as soon as i get up its almost impossible to change my clothes. When shopping its the fourth item on the shelf, i clean my teeth six times, i wash my hair 12 times i wash my body repeatedly until it feels safe enough to get out of the shower. I can only wear certain clothes and eat certain foods. When i make dinner again i repeatedly fill and empty the saucepans with water, the clothes have to be washed by carefully measured amounts of liquid and hung in a certain way with matching pegs. At night i have to check my children a certain amount of times and even when i self-harm its done a certain amount of times. I have just realized i am crazy no wonder i have so much anxiety all the time.

Oh my word! "Sloppy pegging" sounds even worse now...

:lol: that's exactly what my hubby said and it got a big EWWWW from me when I realised what he meant :lol:

Not so much a habit..more just a fun silly thing to do,.but me and Marley have ice cream in the bath every

sunday morning after breakfast :snorkle:

Awwww that is so sweet :) enjoy your bath and ice cream this morning. xx

I've just realised I've got a couple of other funny habits as well - to do with even numbers again. When I put hugs around someone's name on here it always has to be an even number of hugs and when I put kisses it always has to be an even number of kisses.

This is the other part of our sunday morning routine, after we get dressed we play the Blues Brothers soundtrack and have a real good fun dance that sets us up for our morning nap. This is always the best song, sorry but I'm gonna put this in Pappa Punks Playlist as well

I Have to count stairs ... and all the little switches by the wall sockets have to be off (unless of course there's something plugged in)... There have been quite a few times I've been in shops/hairdressers and even other people's houses and run round turning the switches off!

Oh and cupboard doors have to be closed ... Open doors annoy me! XD

That's about it for me!

Sat here eating a sandwich with a packet of crisps and realised I have another funny habit. I always have to tip the crisps out onto the plate and then eat all the little bits first and leave the bigger crisps for last.

This is so cool to read, love seeing everyone's little quirks :)

yeah, and i'm still laughing at the sloppy pegging comment.... oh my word. :')

xxxx

OF COURSE IT'S BUTTER FIRST..............THEN MARMITE...........ARE YOU MENTAL :D

sorry,i cant eat it if it's the other way around

I can't have marmite in the house. It sounds stupid but its like it taints everything in the cupboard - YUK :sick02:

Also I can't leave the house alone without my MP3 already playing and a song that I want to listen to (reflects my mood), I can't amble either if I go out it is to go somewhere or do something not just for a walk.

I can't go to bed without writing down what I have eaten that day or writing something in my journal even if its just that the day happened.

lol @ sloppy pegging, I have a neighbour exactly the same, All her pegs are odd and it annoys me :lol: I feel like telling her to get the same pegs, I am the same with washing though, Everything has to be neat and pegs all have to be the same.

When I have toast every corner has to be buttered.

I have a good sense of smell and it annoys my husband at times, I smell all my fresh washing everytime lol.

When I was up it has to be in this order, Cups, Cutlery, Plates, Pans.I have always done this,

I probably have more will come back later.

ooo yes I always wash up in the same order and stack it all in the same order and when hubby washes up the stacking is like a game of Jenga - I never know which bit to move first without it all falling down - bless him - not knocking him, it's just something that he does that makes me smile :)

Not so much a habit..more just a fun silly thing to do,.but me and Marley have ice cream in the bath every

sunday morning after breakfast :snorkle:

As usual , we had our Sunday morning fix of Ice Cream in the tub

Archived