Mental Health Forums

"almost"panic

marc-74

I've been laying here on my sofa for the last three hours with a constant "almost"panic attack bubbling away inside me.

It's a horrid feeling, I wish I could just sleep.

It's not like a full on panic attack, I just got that anxious feeling inside, and am feeling like I just need to cry but cant

Try your usual distracting techniques marc....dancing madly to loud music or breathing deeply whilst mellow tunes are playing.

I remember when I was younger, I loved the TV programme the Young Ones - I knew every word of the episodes. i went through a phase when I was about 13 when I couldn't sleep and felt really tearful and anxious.

So I used to, in my head, relay episodes of The Young Ones! Watching them in RL made me laugh my head off, but reciting the scripts in my head when I couldn't sleep made my mind focus like nothing else.

Just an idea! Is there any films or programmes you know word for word? xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Still not able to sleep, but not feeling quite so agitated right now, had a bit of a blow out earlier, that resulted in a big argument.

I could use being tired as an excuse, but that would just be running away from the fact that I'm just not very nice.

I don't believe that you are not very nice - you have always been very good to me and I think being tired can make people tetchy and they might say things that they wouldn't normally. You had a really bad night last night and didn't get much sleep either - so try not to be so hard on yourself xx

Archived