Mental Health Forums

Just Can't Eat

catspiracy

I just can't eat. It disgusts me. I have been drinking more again instead. Today I will start doing the stars on the calendar for no alcohol again.

We went two months without a refrigerator and that really set me back on my eating problems. Now we have a wonderful new fridge, i love it...but the eating problems are still here.

Things I think about:

1. I don't deserve food. The food is for other people.

2. Hunger pangs feel like nausea. Hunger makes me feel disgusted and disgusting.

3. I get lightheaded and "high" from not eating. Then my mood crashes and I reach for alcohol. I try to obliterate myself.

Hi ((((catspiracy))))

I can really relate to your post.

I think drinking alchohol stops the appetite. I've decided to try not to drink as well and I remmber when I managed 3 months sober the last thing to come back was my appetite

If you can't face cooking try little nice munchy things or soup. Soup is really good because it fills you up and helps you stay full for longer.

I hope you can start to profit from your new fridge soon

xxx

((((((((((((((((((Catspiracy)))))))))))))

I can relate as well. I really don't like eating bu know I have to do it. I enjoy cooking especially for firends but I make sure I have a really small portion.

I try not to drink at home on my own but do usually have something in the house.

Wish I could give some advice but not really in a good place at hte moment with eating or life in general, just didn't want you to feel alone.

BD xxx

I agree if you cant eat youre best off starting small with things such as soup and little things to nibble on. You shouldnt cut out food all together, even if you dont feel hungry. I think if you slowly start to bring yourself into meals youll be fine. Start with milkshakes or smoothies, that way youre drinking, but youre eating too. Then move to soup and yogurts, things that youll have to eat although theyre practically liquids, this will at least get you ready

Then its probably best just to have small things like a salad, jacket potatoe, sandwich, cereal, toast. Just build your way up slowly, honestly take your time, as long as its gradually working

Also,

1. Everyone deserves food, youre included in that

2. Hungers a natural response of the body, everyone has it, you shouldnt feel disgusted. Youre just like everyone else

3. I wouldnt say alcohols the answer, try drinking less

xx

Thanks for the support, my friends. It helped a lot just posting that and reading your replies. a friend came and rescued me, we made food and had a great time, and now I'm eating more.

Thanks for the support, my friends. It helped a lot just posting that and reading your replies. a friend came and rescued me, we made food and had a great time, and now I'm eating more.

Thats really great to hear!! I'm so glad youre ok :) xx

• 4 weeks later...

Archived