Mental Health Forums

Mindfulness - Little Lost Girl

MaddieT

Hi All,

I was doing mindfulness with my OH worker today and she was talking me through like meditation of imagining a forest, imagine the trees, birds, you feel safe etc etc when we came to a top of the hill overlooking a town.

Now i can see all the sights she is talking about but i can never hear or imagine the sounds or smell the smells she is describing but my vision is really good.

Anyway we got to the top of the hill and in my eyes mind i saw a little girl sitting on the hill overlooking the town, i can only see the back of her with her long browny blonde hair blowing gently in the breeze. My worker then tells me the sun is going down and the ights in the town are coming on, but in my minds eye i can see the bright sunlight and see the girl - I am totally transfixed on her and my heart starts to breathe faster - my worker then tells me to start to walk back down the hill, telling me i feel relaxed and feel safe. I feel like i am trapped and can't move - i don't know who she is or why i can't move but dont know why. My worker then clicks her finger and asks me to reflect. I tell her about the girl - she asks me if it is me - i dont know.

What do you think??

Every time i close my eyes or think about i can see her and her gentle flowing hair.

Maddie xxx

(((((((((Maddie)))))))))))

I am not sure on this as that sort of mental interpretation is really difficult. I hope that you can sort it out with your OH worker.

How do you feel when you see her?

I had wondered if it was you too.

I've run into that small child (self) doing grief work therapy. At first it didn't feel natural, but I have learned to love her and protect her and keep her safe when we cross paths.

Hi BD - When i initially saw her i felt quite anxious and nervous - my heart was going like the clappers but don't know why. I really wanted her to turn round so i could see her face but when i close my eyes now i can imagine her smiling. I can also smell a real sweet scent.

Hi Sahara Blue - thats what my OH thought too that it was me but i am not sure.

It sort of freaked me out and made me feel scared that my OH was describing something totally different but i couldn't see it - my mind was transfixed on this girl and the sun was shining really brightly and i could feel the sun burning on my head like in the picture in my mind.

I have never seen this girl before in my dreams or during mindfulness before. Mayb'e this is because it is my safe place and this girl is me in the safe place.

Freaky!

Archived