Mental Health Forums

Question About Crisis Team

lauraw2693

I've seen them a lot in the past and found them not very helpful to be honest but I've been thinking maybe thats me not them.. When I saw them yesterday they asked me how they could help me best - one of the voices just started saying things like if we knew that we'd be doing it (thats the polite version). To be honest I didn't know what to say which makes me feel stupid. Just wondering how crisis teams have helped you? What they've done specifically, especially when they've involved for a while not just a one off? Thanks xxx

hi shadow, the first thing i thought to reply was they brought me milk round once when i'd ran out and couldn't face going outside. and then i thought 'i'm sure they did more than that'.

i think the main help was i ended up getting on quite well with one of the workers who would come round. so she was someone who understood mh and who i could have a chat and a cry too when i was very socially isolated. but the workers who i didn't have that connection with didn't really help me much with their visits apart from i guess it being some form of social contact.

i don't know if you have problems with being in busy places but they did say they would accompany me to places like that to help me get used to it if i wanted to. xxxx

helped -

as in having people to 'pour out' to - who would not condemn or judge or dismiss - 'safe' people

when there was so much needed pouring out every day and family/friends where just the wrong people

Thanks for both your replies. I didn't know you could ask to go out with them instead of staying in and talking, I'd never thought of that. I suppose they haven't offered because I do go out with friends when I need to go out. I guess they are safe people but to parts of me they don't feel it, they feel like a threat :( I think its because it always seems to be someone different when I see them, so can't really build up a relationship, they send out whoever is available so its the anxiety of meeting someone new each time, think it out weighs the benefits a lot of the time. I'm worried about pouring it out because some don't get it - one didn't even know what dissociation meant, though the woman yesterday seemed to realise so I didn't have to explain which was helpful.. I guess I'll just try and explain what is happening in my head though I'm finding it difficult to put into words. xxx

Archived