Mental Health Forums

Insomnia/ Sleep Disorders

Jo

Hiya!!!!

How much sleep does everyone get????

I'm going through a only get 3 or 4 hours a day patch which is turning me into a zombie!!! But then again not always cos then i get loads a energy and cant sleep! huh??? no sleeping tablets work :(

just wanna sleep..... :wacko:

any ideas???

xx

hi kittykat,

i'm not getting a whole lot of sleep right now maybe 2 hours a night if im lucky..

i usually average around 5 hrs when i can sleep .

i can't think of any suggestions other than the obvious, unwind b4 bedtime, hot chocolate, lavender etc..

maybe have a chat with your doc and see if theres anything he hasnt tried you on yet

lack of sleep doesnt help anyones mood , i hope you get some decent sleep soon.

hugs n happiness star x

Kat,

i go thru days or weeks like that. it usually ends with me being totally crazy. i found that trazadone will work for me for a few months, then i seem to get immune to it. sometimes just gettting that respite helps enough that i can start sleeping on my own for a while.

bets

((((((((star))))))))

((((((((betsy)))))))

Hope you guys get some sleep as well!

I go through phases as well.... basically like this for a month or so till go crazy... manage to persuade docs to give me more sleeping tablets... then get a bit of sleep till they stop working and it starts again!

Problem at the moment is that I'm at the doc has given me tablets point... and they dont even work for 1 night!!! grrrr!!!! will ask my pscyh for better ones this week!

and have lots a sleepy baths (does anyone else fall asleep in the bath not bed :lol: )

ok.. me rambling... need sleep :P but strangly wide awake huh!!!

Hi hun, I know what u mean, its ok until u become immune to the meds then it also goes haywire! Have u tried a relaxation tape? I know it sounds obvious but my ot made me one and i made myself really concentrate on it and it helped. Also my ot told me to get me to get physically exhasuted...easier said than done lol! Although I can recommend that looking after 7 kids under age 6 for a week does a much better job than the zopiclone!

But, I know what its like, when u can't sleep u just can't no matter what. When I get phases like that I feel too agitated to sleep...do u get like that or is it just that you're not sleepy? Or even worse...when u are sleepy but can't sleep...agghhh!!

Hope u get some soon!

thanx twi!

i shall try and get a baby sitting job :lol:

does actually work doesnt it!! when i worked in schools they made me soo tired i couldnt stop yawning... probably a bad idea!!!

i seem to get lots of phases throughout the day.... tired but cant sleep... tired and agitated but cant sleep... tired but wide awake.... sleepy but not sleeping!!! um yes.. and cant stop talking one :lol:

***hugs***

tc, xx

• 4 weeks later...

Try taking a shower be4 u sleep, try not listening to music instead put your radio onto am and listen to talk shows.. that always gets me sleeping and my mind occupied =) do some exercise be4 bed and don't drink tea be4 u sleep. those things work for me. If u feel that u really arent tired then you'll know so try not to force yourself to sleep instead get off the bed and surf the net or read a book till u feel that you're ready to sleep.

i find that reading or talk radio shows help the best. A shower is a must to feel relaxed.

Sleep well guys! i know you will

thanks ang, and more welcomes to the site!

ive tried loads to make me relax... thats my big problem- i cant! my mind just gets too full, and when i dont get enough sleep it can all go out of proportion and then it gets worse (visious circle) but... this usually continues for 1-2 months of about 3 hour sleep, 5 if im lucky, with things getting worse during that time... until i sleep! for ages! and good news- i slept last night for 12 hours and i feel soooo much better :D:D:D its amazing what sleeping properly can do! just gotta try to get into normal pattern instead of weird 2 month one!

thanks for all your suggestions! :D

have a good weekend, tc, xx

Archived