Mental Health Forums

Tfp Tranference Focused Psychotherpay

lucy

tfp tranference focused psychotherpay

anyone had it

this is what i am going to have at leicster

i have read about i just wanted people personal experiences of it

Thats quite a rare one to be offered, so you may not find too many folks that have had it.

A lot of therapies may use transference in the way they work though - psychodynamic, schema, possibly gestalt and so on. Its really about all the ways you expect and interpret the therapist as being the same as the past.

Sometimes its best not to know too much going in as it can put you on your guard a little - maybe just go in and see what happens.

Hi Lucy,

the therapy I have is based on the theory of object relations, so in that it is similar. but it sounds really good and I hope it is very helpful for you. x

Hey

I have had TA therapy and that uses transference or rather works with it. I found certain aspects of this therapy uncomfortable, but you are doing tfp which may well be very different. On the whole I was with my therapist for three years, and after that stable for about a year and a half before having a break down and needing nhs services xx Let us know how you get on with it.

never had it exactly but we did discuss my feelings towards my therapists when i was in group and i found this incredibly helpful in helping me set boundaries and to understand some of my feelings. im very aware now of my feelings towards my therapist - i am to be getting a new one soon and am worried because i know the new one is someone older and a female, the type of person i latch on to very easily, but i wouldnt have the insight or the balls to say that had it not been for the transference part of group

let us know how you get on and good luck xx

Archived