Mental Health Forums

What's Your Outlet?

Breadroll

When I was younger I used to write poetry and paint, most of which was really depressing and made me feel terrible to look at so I just stopped doing it and kept everything bottled up. In the last year and a bit though I found a few way to get creative in a positive way; I re-discovered Neopets :P

Some of you may have heard of it or used to play it (maybe some of you still do?!). I wont go into it cause we'll be here forever, you can check it out for yourself if you're really interested, but basically they have drawing/poetry/writing competitions on there and you can win trophies :D. Of course it all has to be about Neo, which gave me a focus and stopped me from writing or drawing things that made me feel bad. I now draw crap like this!

fpa077.png

What are your creative outlets?? :)

That sounds really cool B)

My creative outlet is cross stitch - there are some photos in my gallery of the ones that I have already done. I am working on one at the moment of a ballerina and it has about 68,000 very tiny stiches in it and I am about a third of the way through it so it will be a while before I post a pic of this one!!

It used to be playing the drums, but for variou reasons I stopped (mainly not being able to afford a practice room each week).

I might buy a proper electronic kit - they sound and feel like the real thing, even if they dont look quite as cool. They are also silent when you stick headphones on them which i good. I live in a flat :(

preview.jpg

Music for me. Watching bands, listening to all sorts, discovering new bands and albums...I thrive when lost in music! xxxxxxxxx

I now draw crap like this!

fpa077.png

What are your creative outlets?? :)

Crap like this?, hun.....you are SO very talented.............you don't need "trophies" or validation........YOU are one hell of an individual....bright, sensitive and caring.....I HATE YOU dammit!! :devil: ..............but my lawyers will be sueing for compensation for some "concieved ill" that we haven't yet thought of..................such is the nature of genius.....We'll get you in the end!! :ninja::D

Txx

• 1 month later...

That drawing certainly aint crap, thats talent. I have 2 main outlets, playing guitar (electric and acoustic) and photography. The concentration it takes for me to play a pice of music properly, or to take a good photograph engrosses me to the point that it blocks out pretty much anything else. I've played guitar on and off for 25-30 of my 40 odd years on this planet, and know I always will. The photography is a new hobby that I'm learning, and enjoying

Archived