Mental Health Forums

Feel Like A Ghost Today

b0bulat0r

I don't feel like myself today.

I know i'm sat here and I know i'm typing but its almost like i'm looking at myself from over my shoulder, I feel empty like my soul is floating several feet behind me not attached not inside, like i'm hollow inside, empty, that my body is just a husk a shell.

I have this weird feeling like im out of place, like i'm on another plane of existence to everything else, I can see and hear everything but its muffled or echoed depending on what it is, none of it seems real, I keep spacing out to and have wasted alot of time staring into space.

I also appear to have done several jobs today that I have no recollection of doing, missing several chunks of time.

This morning my dad also had a go at me for walking around making noise at 1:45 last night, I don't remember still being up or awake by then, I said goodnight to my friend on msn and shut my computer down at about 5 minutes to 1, i went and brushed my teeth and went straight to bed, as far as i can remember.

Don't like these odd feelings they are disconcerting.

I get this too. When I once described these feelings to a counsellor she told me it was "depersonalisation". Maybe that is what you're suffering with too. For me it was induced by stress, anxiety and insomnia. I try not to panic now because that just made the whole thing worse! Hope you feel less odd soon.

(((rob))) can understand your sense of unease about this it is scary when it happens. sometimes i think times of extreme stress like u've had recently are in themselves traumatising and i think my mind reacts by going into similar states like you describe here to cut me off from things for a bit.

i hope you feel better soon xxx

Archived