Mental Health Forums

Does The Weather Shape Your Moods?

rainking

When I wake in the morning and the sun is streaming through the curtains, I automatically jump out of bed and want to be doing things.

When I wake and it's dark, overcast and I can hear the rain splashing in the guttering, I feel even more sleepy and i dont want to get up.

So does the weather shape your moods? :unsure:

Yes, I think very much so. When the sun is shining here and I feel the warmth on my skin in the morning I am up and ready to start the day on a good note. Knowing that the day will bring good things. On a cloudy/overcast rainy day I tend to just stay in bed under the covers not wanting to get up. Knowing this day is going to suck big time. Knowing that if I do go outside it will be miserable and wet and I will be cold and grouchy.

No, I don't think that the weather has a huge effect on my moods. I had days where I'm terribly depressed, and it's bright and sunny outside, and I've had really good days where it's rainy. So...overall...I'd say it probably doesn't have a huge effect. Besides, I LOVE rainy, overcast weather! We don't get rain very much around here!

nope the weather doesn't affect my mood at all

theres a condition called S.A.D Seasonal Affective Disorder that quite a few people suffer with which can be treated and that can be helped by treatment. I have a friend that has light therapy for her S.A.D and this helps her moods quite a bit during the winter or darker mths

hugs n happiness star x

i have s.a.d. i am okay with only one day of overcast, 2 days of overcast and i am ready to scream, 3 days and i may injure someone... anyone

bets

Weather doesn't affect me either! I hate it when it's hot... cos it's hot! I hate it when it's cold... cos it's to cold! ummm hate it bascially :lol:

(((((Betsy)))))))

Hope it sunny for you today!

When I wake up and its raining I love it…but only if I’m inside!!! I love the sound it makes when it hits the roof of my house.

I’d prefer to be skiing or boarding on a snow-covered mountain than sunbathing on a hot beach somewhere.

Don’t know why…

Alex

xxxx

i just don't like hot or humid weather. i feel good from the weather when it changes. like if it's been hot and sunny for 5+ days, i love it when all of the sudden it's overcast and rainny or vise versa.

and i LOVE a good storm anytime...as long as it's not a major hurricane, major flood, or torrnado that's heading right for me :blink:

Lady,

i feel like you do about weather changes. love them. also, i like violent weather.. crashing and rumbling thunderstorms with lots of lightening and wind... tornadoe weather (but i dont like it when headed toward me and i feel guilty for likeing it when it is heading toward other pp).

when we are having violent weather i feel extreamly alive and it seems nature is giving a voice to everything that i cant.

bets

Weather affects me very much. Sun is uplifting, dark is depressing.

Yes I have had depression on a sunny day too, but I always start out great when the weather is good.

I am very similar to Bets in that I LOVE violent weather. I stand out in the front yard with my camera praying for a funnel cloud to come toward me. I love lightening and thunder too. I would have like to be Lt. Dan on Forrest Gump when he's on the ship during the storm up in the crows nest screaming and yelling at God to "bring it on!".

Verbena

Archived