Mental Health Forums

Lamotrigine Question

Shadow girl

Hi.

I have noticed that when I forget to take this in the morning by 4-5pm I am feeling ill, headachy and very dizzy. After a while feeling so awful prompts me to remember to take meds and a while later I feel better. Does anyone else feel the effects of a missed dose of lamotrigine so quickly? This used to happen when i was on venlafaxine (its a known side effect) but I've not heard of it in relation to lamotrigine.

Thanks for reading.

Hiya, had the same experience with venlafexine , horrible 'electric shock' type sensations, and a feeling like water was sloshing round in me head if i turned it. So don't blame you being a bit wary. I came off 375mg .

I have been prescribed lamotrigine but taken it very much- a couple of 1 month stretches max, only. And i never got any effect from it at all, good or bad. Well, a little bit unsteady on feet perhaps. I hear its good for moodswings tho, of which i am prone.

Does it help you can i ask? xx am

Hi Badkitte, lamotrigine has been really good for my depression since I got up to the target dose (200mg) last April. It's not helped the mood swings so much. Def. best med I've had though - apart from this thing if I forget a dose I have had 0 side effects. It takes ages to work because you have to build up the dose so slowly - you need to try it for 8-10 weeks to have any sense of whether it might help you.

Thanks, Shadow Girl.

I have the script/meds, but i read some things about it online , then again i have been having bouts of depression & moodswings.

I know to start at the start dose- 25? well thats what i was supposed to start off off on, - the lowest, in case one gets the rash).

Nice to see positive reviews of it. I will keep it in mind- esp the 8-10 weeks thing, cheers, thanks xx am

Archived