Mental Health Forums

Citalopram Missed 1 Week

Rhyspeace

Hello, im on 20mg of citalopram a day, and have been for the past year they help, but it is no cure, when i ran out of my tablets i booked a appointment with the doc but i had to wait one week for that appointment (new system) i was fine for the week but 3 days ago boom anxity running thru my body like no other, feeling worse than ever and iv not been able to eat or even go to work :( im wondering after missing them for a week im just experiancing the withdrawl symtoms from it (hoping). im obvisly taking them... but im just sitting hear with pointless anxity getting me down, anything simmular happend to anyone els? thanks x

Hi Rhyspeace,

I would say that you are experiencing are side effects.

When you abruptly stopped taking them, after a few days (when the medication started lessening in your system) your serotonin levels would have dropped, then when you restarted your serotonin levels got a boost. So what you are possibly experiencing is your brain adjusting to the medication again. Eventually it will level out and these symptoms should start going away.

If you find yourself unable to cope with these symptoms and they go on longer than a couple of weeks without them easing up, go back to your doctors and discuss it with them.

Ideally you should always make sure that you get your repeats in on time, or get a Doctors appointment before you run out, so this doesn't happen again.

I remember when i first started on Citalopram, i couldn't eat for about two weeks and i pretty much felt like i was taking speed. But this went away.

For now, try not to worry yourself and take it easy. I hope you feel better soon.

Aurora :)

Withdrawal is horrid - I'm waay too often scatty about my prescriptions too, but if you use the same pharmacy all the time sometimes they are willing to "lend" you a couple of days tablets until the script comes through.

Hope you're feeling better now you're back on the meds.

Mousex

Archived