Mental Health Forums

Problems Being Around People

carlylight1

love you too emma, you are my friend! but if i knew you in rl i't'd be nice to hang out. i'd go clubbing with you even tho i'm probably a bit too old for that now! i'm sure you are a very easy person to be around as you accept and like people for how they are xxxx

I'm a nightmare to be around! but maybe it would be different with you because you accept me as i am

it would be great to go clubbing with you, the last time i went clubbing was with a 40 year old. and if we want to go home early, we can!

I can relate to a lot of what has been said on this topic - in my last session with the psychologist who was assessing me, he asked me 'what do you hope to get from whatever therapy you decide on?'

I just said I want to learn about myself so I can be myself. It sounds really simple and a bit stupid, but it is what I really want!

He said thats in essense the purpose of therapy.....

I had a choice whether to go for one-to-one or group therapy - I chose one-to-one as I'd imagine being in Group therapy would be a nightmare for me (trying to speak over louder people/ having the confidence to speak/ struggling with impressions of people and their impressions of me). The whole thing just made me feel uncomfortable - I'm sure there are lots of benefits to group therapy but I just need a therapist to myself for a while I think :) I can't be dealing with other peoples issues when my own are enough to fill a room!!

Archived