Mental Health Forums

Mental Health Advocacy - May Trigger

catsmother21

Thanks Starry - I knocked myself out with some meds and went for a lay down and do feel a bit calmer now. Hubby has said that he will come with me but he is so stressed out at the moment about this ESA business (he has had the medical we are now just waiting to hear their decision) and I know he is furious with my pdoc about how she is treating me and he has bipolar and too many things going on at once could trigger a manic phase. He has been to see our GP this week and she has given him some anti-ps just in case this does happen. So I need to be hyper-vigilant about whether his behaviour is changing and whether he needs to start taking the meds or not. My only worry is that he will enjoy being on a high and will refuse to take the meds.

So what I'm trying to say here is that I don't really want to have to take hubby because he thinks he'll just get too mad with her - not in a violent way he will just be angry at her for me.

Hopefully, when the advocate calls me tomorrow morning I will know more about whether he can come with me and whether we will be able to meet before hand to discuss the background to all of this because there is no point in him being there if he knows nothing about what is going on.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wishing you well for tomorrow cats,i'm really hoping you get someone who's on the ball to help you. i'm sure if you have confidence in the person that will take a bit of the weight off your mind. maybe just having someone there as an outside witness will encourage the pdoc to be more flexible. i have noticed that a lot with dr's that they listen to me more if someone else is there. but i can see how it could be exactly the wrong type of situation for your hub to be involved in right now.

xxxx

Archived