Mental Health Forums

Rode My Bike

Swan

I'm so unfit and fat from increased Epilim dose and muscle tone has gone - been feeling so middle aged :(

But I just took my fabulous Trek road bike out for the first time since 2003 and rode just 4 and a half miles which wouldn't even have made me sweat two years ago, but today was all I could do - when I finished I felt sick from the effort!

The most important thing is that I've made a start and since I seem to be sticking to things these days these days I think I'll be able to follow my program of three or four times a week with increasing distances. I'm lucky to have a great area for cycling with easily measured increasing distances so that I can build up slowly.

In the past I've found that exercise is one of the best anti-depressants there is, but was too down and lazy after the Cassel to start doing it again. This feels like a huge positive step forward. I really hope that it gets my lovely lithe physique back, because I really miss it.

Just had to tell you all something nice! :)

WTG Swan,

I have a back and purple trek! but I am not seen on it these days. I know I shoud exercise (and exercise restraint in eating) b ut seem mor than i can do at this point.

i am happy for you tho!~~

bets

Well done!

I am a personal fitness coach, and I was very interested in this post.

I think exercise is very important (obviously!) but it is really hard to actually start all over again after a big break. But you did it, and good for you!

Just try and keep it up, you will get your fitness back in no time.

Best of luck :)

VERY well done, Swan!!

I absolutely benefit emotionally from exercise. It's the best thing next to the Wellbutrin I know to fight depression. I try to workout at the fitness center every day, but my t wants me to find time to meditate every day, so I've had to try to cut back. Wish I could do both at the same time. I'm glad to hear that you have returned to something so good for you.

XXX

Ann

No - didn't even get dressed until late this afternoon and slept most of yesterday and today, but then I did go out and post some flyers about Jess. A really nice girl from four doors down ran up and said that her husband saw Jess this morning, so I feel much better, but won't be totally happy till she's back.

Slowly getting out of the misery though.

That is great that some one saw Jess!

Maybe you could use you bike to go out and look for her?

Wish I lived close enough to come help you find the little rascal.

She is a total rascal, but as long as she is okay I don't mind her having a little holiday. Within her own mind she works very hard to make sure I'm okay and this is the first time she's gone off and had a break. (not that I approve mind you, but rather that than that she is lying alone and hurt somewhere)

Anyway, now that the posters and flyers are out whoever is feeding her cannot pretend it's okay to do so.

I will get back on the bike tomorrow but if she's gone as far as I go on the bike I'll be astonished! I think she's only a couple of hundred metres away, if that - there's plenty to explore within that area for her. Main thing I think is that the next door cats who used to attack her have gone, so she can finally cross their space - I think she's taken full advantage of that.

:):) :)

Way to go!!! YAY! Good for you!!! You just made a huge step in the right direction--but I'm sure you know that! I was in the same position, because I hadn't ridden in soo long! But after like a week or two even of riding, you immediatly start to notice you're not so out of shape as when you started. Keep it up! Woot Woot!!! :)

Archived