Mental Health Forums

Your Number One Piece Of Advice

PlasticInsanity

If you had to give one piece of advice to your child (now or of the future, or possibly another loved one such a niece, nephew or cousin) what would it be? It can be regarding your diagnosis process, your life in general, anything.

I'll start.

"Be honest with yourself. There are those who will lie to you, and those will be afraid to tell you the truth. You need to be able to break it down and level with yourself"

you cant change the past and the future isn't certain

but you can be present in the now and that's where it matters...

edit to add - great topic - maybe worth pinning if a mod agrees :)

Mine would have to be...................

If it doesn't add to the equation, and you can't sell it on Ebay, then what the hell are you doing with it anyway?!! :devil:

do what you believe in and believe in what you do

Love this Vivien...shall we do lunch tomorrow?!! :D

i don't know why i wrote this, it sounds right but its not really applicable to me. i'm struggling to be able to 'do' or 'believe' anything. its a perfect piece of advice if you have a 'you' (in my case 'i') in order to start from. without a self how can you do or believe anything. head is in bits.

glad you like it tho x

i don't know why i wrote this, it sounds right but its not really applicable to me. i'm struggling to be able to 'do' or 'believe' anything. its a perfect piece of advice if you have a 'you' (in my case 'i') in order to start from. without a self how can you do or believe anything. head is in bits.

glad you like it tho x

I think it makes perfect sense. It doesn't have to mean that you've already found what you believe in, but maybe more so means that you've found through trial and error not to do what you don't believe in? I hope that makes sense, lol.

glad you like it tho x

We all have a "YOU" V.....the trick is believing in the YOU...............the Dick Dastardly's of this World would have us all believe we are not good enough, because that is THEIR agenda.................the real trick is to believe in your "OWN" agenda................and bloody well stick to it reagrdless :D

Don't let the Barstewards grind you down!! :lol: :D

Archived