Mental Health Forums

Art Therapy

pepsimeg

the time has come to speak, but as i cant verbally i have decided to try it thru art again.

many yars ago i would take drawing into my then T, she never spoke about them and neither did i but thats how i wanted it, but somehow showing her those pics helped so much.....my voice may be locked up in a pit but my creativety isnt..... akready started looking at some pics, yes they were triggering printing them out (im going to do a collage again) and its going to take me another few days before i even look at them again - let alone put them together

this feels the safest way i can communicate my past

well its the only thing i can think of to get things out

yeah thanks im kind of excited about doing it and yet terrified too cos just putting the pics together causes alot of emotion pain and triggering but i know its the only thing that helps me...... if that fails this time then i give up

I've always found art an amazing outlet too. Words are good as well thought. Perhaps you could do a sort of pop art piece which includes some words in it? x

yeah good idea roses. i like your art. i remembrr some pics u did along while ago.

i will c wat happens wen i get putting it togrther and it has to feel right for everyone inside too i dont want to upset anyone by doing things they not happy with

yeah thanks im kind of excited about doing it and yet terrified too cos just putting the pics together causes alot of emotion pain and triggering but i know its the only thing that helps me...... if that fails this time then i give up

The main thing is that you have an awareness of this, which in turn gives you time to prepare how to deal with a situation, should it arise...I hope it's a positive experience...wishing you luck! :)

KX

thanks cats, ive started it this morn, didnt realise how much it would bring feelings back out

decided what im going to do and how im going to do it, now the ideas are there its just putting it all together !

Is there anything that you can do that won't trigger you - just some colouring in can be very therapeutic. I'm sorry that it has triggered you so much :hug2: xx

If I'm making things worse then please tell me sweets because that is the last thing I would want to do to you - I will understand no probs and will be quiet but here if you do need someone to listen xx

• 2 weeks later...

I think art is a lovely way to try and communicate to people in a non verbal way. It is such an easier and creative way to do it.

Archived