Mental Health Forums

Question

lauraw2693

Not sure if this should go here but just wanted to ask does anyone know if there's any rules about mental health professionals taking medication off you if you're a danger to yourself? I mean, are they allowed to do that? Thanks.

think they can, well i know they can, they stopped all my meds years ago cuz i just kept od'in, the risk of me with medication was higher than the risk without...plus cuz i was abusing the meds then i didnt need them

Thanks Toaster, I assumed they would be able to if its to keep someone safe but didn't want to put my support worker in an awkward situation. I just basically want her to hang onto them over the weekend at least because I have 5 full boxes and don't feel safe with that much. Last time I felt like this I threw them all away and my psych asked me about admitting myself so I'm trying to avoid that question again. Thanks for replying xx

My cpn has taken them when I've given them to him (because I'd collected a very tempting stash). Psych has refused to prescribe additional stuff because of me misusing meds. I don't know if they can take them away without you handing them over though.

Archived