Mental Health Forums

Clomipramine/anafranil

lauraw2693

Hi just wondering if anyone's been on this and what symptoms it helped with (if it did)?

I was talking to my sister who at one point had quite severe OCD/depression and found this was the only thing that helped her anxiety and she's stayed on it long-term. I don't have OCD but do have extreme anxiety with the BPD & DID, and have tried SSRIs before, tranquilisers, mood stabilisers, anti psychotics etc over 5 years and nothing has really helped. I haven't tried a tricyclic like this before, and wondered whether because it helped my sister its more likely to help me? I know they affect everyone differently but if you share the same genetics etc are we more likely to be similar?

I know they're meant to have more side effects than newer anti depressants but I'm willing to try anything at this point.

Also are you able to take them alongside anti psychotics?

Sorry Shadow - don't know anything about this but hope someone can help you and if you do decide to take it, I really hope that it makes a difference xx

Thanks Cats thats okay, just mentioned it to my cpn, seeing psych next week so said I want to discuss this and the anti psychotics they recommended, see which are more relevant or if I can try both, not sure. But thanks lovely xxx

Archived