Mental Health Forums

Most Sickening Website On Bpd - Or Most Useful?

Elke

http://gettinbetter.com/perfect.html

I have never read anything so repulsive about BPD. Or - depending on my objectivity - usefull??? The link is not limited to this one article. There are more.

According to Shari Comer, we are three year olds with "No skin". We have "killer looks" and we can kill. Many of us are in jail for murder,

Which threw me into a rage. I wrote her and asked her "why!" she portaits BPDs as monsters! Why, WHY is there soooooo much negativity out there on this diagnosis. She is the type of person that makes people AVOID US AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The article antagonised me from the start as it talks about people as being 'Borderlines'. I'm sorry, but I'm A Human Being not A Borderline. I just couldn't read it for that.

Going by what you picked up from it, yes, sometimes I feel very young and like I have no skin. Sometimes when feeling threatened I throw out hostile looks.

But this is because I was traumatised in various ways when growing up, not because I'm evil or A Borderline.

i JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THIS DIAGNOSIS HAS BEEN SO DIABOLIGIZED!!

Recently I soke to someone who has had a lot of experience with Borderliners and she said "They are very sensitive people and very warm-hearted. Only when someone hurt them, they can become very crude."

I dont like someone stepping on my feet. Then I step BACK. Isnt that normal?

But I also know what if feels like to be an emotional 3 year old and have "no skin" meaning protection Totally vulnerable and emotional. Either waym this website ripped open a lot of wounds and negative insights. I HATE SOCIETY!!!!!!

The article antagonised me from the start as it talks about people as being 'Borderlines'. I'm sorry, but I'm A Human Being not A Borderline. I just couldn't read it for that.

Going by what you picked up from it, yes, sometimes I feel very young and like I have no skin. Sometimes when feeling threatened I throw out hostile looks.

But this is because I was traumatised in various ways when growing up, not because I'm evil or A Borderline.

Right, we are not the devils we are only human. This killer look evidently was acquired from our own mothers who gave us killer looks - which I remember very well, and probably something jumped over.

I have read a few of her articles now. They are soooo inflammatory! The worst one for me so far is her article on marriage. It is sucking away at my self esteem, line by line. She goes so far as to say that someone with BPD will give their husband CANCER! This is just disgusting. She ought to be reported to the board of psychologists or whomever gave her her license.

I just linked the marriage article to my hubby and he wrote:

"just skimming the article it seems to have been written by a selfish and jilted man

blaming his BPD wife for his misery"

I LOVE my husband!

Elke, did you see she replied to you in a most horrible way??? She is a real piece of work. Don't read her articles anymore. they are full of lies and half truths all swirled together. I almost got very triggered, but luckily my husband was online to help me see she is full of shit.

Remember she's a 'life strategist' not a trained psychotherapist, thank God.

Those in US steer clear of her!

My goodness, I just read that reply to Elke's post, what I assume was her's anyway. And what she said in that reply is just plain offensive. People with Borderline are 'dangerous and dysfunctional'? Really? Those I'm close to in my life would debunk that [even though I am mostly 'sub-threshold' as it were, diagnosis wise]. It actually makes me feel sick, reading that. I wish I could articulate something coherent in return, knowing it wouldn't be trashed by this pseudo professional.

No cat I didnt read it. OMG - she replied to me on the site. i sent her an email and expected a reply via email. Just shows how sneaky she is and loves to expose even private messages on a website so horrid is her hatred, I will not read it. I wont do her the favor of hurting me, what i have read hurts enough...

I only hope she didnt statee my email address. It might soon get interesting if she did. Is it even allowed to post a private email?

She really should be reported to the NHS.

holy shit that woman cant be a psychologist! saw how she replied to you think shes a nasty piece of work. people like that are deluded and just plain spiteful.

How can you tell it is my post? my last line in the mail was something like: "What you write about Borderlines gives people the impression they need to RUN FROM THEM!!!

Because your strength of feeling is very recognisable and fresh. Though I wouldn't have looked had someone here not mentioned you'd got a reply.

Oh, thats not so bad. First I think its good she stats there is no such thing as a "Borderliner" - as I have heard it many, many times from the mouths of professionals and on websites. And what makes her so certain i inflict emotional and psychic pain upon others? Unless what I wrote hurt her? She doesnt even know me.

People inflict pain on each other every day, in that sense, we would all have BPD.

Elke

Yeah, she contradicts herself constantly. She calls people with BPD "borderlines" you only got one letter different, and she focused on invalidating you over that detail, not to mention her stupid assumption that you "inflict emotional and psychic pain upon others", what a load of garbage! You are very nice from everything I can tell!

I think she totally confabulates BPD with NPD. And even then, I would have more compassion for NPD than she does! Since she is only 60 miles away from where I live, I wonder what I can do to "out" her. It is terrible the demonizing and untrue things she says about a whole category of suffering individuals.

True. Would be good if you could find a way cat. Things are changing and so is info on BPD, they are trying to get rid of the negative stigma I read. But her craft should be layed down.

Archived