Mental Health Forums

It Doesnt Add Up

bellaboo

So confused.... I stopped weighing myself but did weigh myself yesterday as im so uncomfortable in myself they say ive lost weight but i really feel like ive gained ive got the horrible uncomfortable feeling were you can concentrate as you just feel horrible in your own skin why is this i dont get how do you ever get rid of that feeling which leads to obsession and misery. Hope everyone ok think i just had to get that out

((((Bellaboo)))) I'm sorry you feel like that but it was very brave to get it out so I have liked your post cos you show great courage and that's hard to do. It's hard to talk about the things we struggle with and you did it! xxx

• 2 weeks later...

that feeling is horrible. ((hug))

i found it just had to accept that the damn scales never helped. the made me feel better sometimes, sure - but overall they made me feel so much worse. I managed to wean myself off mine. i think that horrible feeling is just another horrible part of the ed. would you be able to alter your scale habits? even if you cant at the moment, keep it in mind for recovery. i am glad you managed to post here.

Archived