Mental Health Forums

I Think This Is Good

toaster

I've put on a shed load of weight - medication related (I don't have the will power not to give in to the hunger that comes with quetiapine <_<) but I like to think it is mainly to do with contentment :)

Have just been looking at the Australia photos and I was thinking, 'ugh I'm so fat!' - but then I had another thought follow straight after - 'I look really happy there and I was really happy, so what the fuck does it matter?'

I know I have a long way to go before I am 'OK' with how I look and I still have days, quite a lot, where I despise my body and I think about plastic surgery a lot.

But this feels like progression. My happiness in living is coming before how I look :)

Thanks for posting this.

I am eating constantly due to my mirtazapine too, and am trying to control it but not always doing good. I have not necessarily been piling on the pounds cos my frequent gym visits I think are counteracting all the eating. But I need to get this kind of thinking too, so thank you x

Hi toaster would post like to your post, but still waiting for subscription to come through!!

Was so lovely to read what you posted and learnt lots from it. Thats great you have that contentment and sounds like big progression. Well done you xxx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived