Mental Health Forums

Nother Newbie

jammycrackers

Hi all, ive been looking for a site like this and so glad i found u all!! Ive been reading the forums for a few days and feel i kno some of u already (hence ive added a few of u as friends...hope thats ok? :-))

Im 38, married with 3 kids (20,19 and 14) and have slipped discs in my spine which has left me disabled and in agony-i also have MH problems stemming from my abusive childhood, and was diagnosed and subsequently ignored 18 months ago with depression and BPD.

Desperate to make new friends who understand...im a good listener too. Unsure if which topics would suit me best, any advice greatly received- so off to have a look. I spend alot of time sleeping, and im at the start of a bad episode ive felt building for a while, so hoping ill get support and understanding from some new friends and it wont b as bad as coping alone.

Wishing u all a pain-free day, please msg bk or add me as a friend if ud like. Much love xxx

hey hun welcome to the forum. sorry to hear about your spine, sounds extremely painful :/ also sorry to hear youv been ignored since being dx, have you got any help at all? hope you find the forum helpful. feel free to msg me if you wanna talk. thanks for the add btw. hope you have a good day xxx

Hey! Thx for the reply...honestly werent expecting one! Howre u today? Yes in awful pain-physically and mentally...alot seems to be changing with my MH and im real scared. Nope, nothing. Diagnosed 18 months ago, then therapist left service. Heard nothing..... Last xmas (always suffered this time of yr)Sent urgent email to local IAPT telling them i was sui...nothing. i walked out on my hubby on 21dec...nowhere to go. Parents refused me n 3 kids and all our stuff!! long story but came bk xmas eve night...crazily shit xmas as per usual so looking forward to this yrs. Felt an episode coming and moods singing couple of wks ago, and had awful row with hub just before 9am soooooo im bk in bed. My sanctuary. Any advice on which sections to use on here? Xxx

im fine thanks hun hope your feeling okay. thats really bad that theyv just left you, can you see your gp an ask for a referal to a new therapist or a psych? seems like this time of years really hard for you, hope this one goes better than the last. must say my moods get a lot worse around this time of year, think they do for a lot of people. well theres different sections which are good for different things. sections like crisis point and bad day/night are good for talking about triggering topics when your feeling really bad/sui and getting support through it. personality disorder focuses on bpd aspects so if its related to that you can post there. treatment is like asking for advice on meds or different services. personally i find i use crisis, general and personality disorder the most. but you use whatever you want to hun just post whatever you feel an we'll try an help as much as we can :) xxx

hey jammy crackers i love your name lol

i prefer jammy dodgers btw ;)

sorry you have had tough times with your back and hubby mental helath system etc.

hope coming here helps you

Emogirl xx

Hi there Jammy Crackers and welcome :)

Thanks for adding me as a friend :) this is a very supportive and friendly site and I really hope that it helps you being here.

Thank u my new friends, I hope to get to kno u all better and hope to be able to share things with you xxx much appreciated xxx

Hey Jammy - what a wonderful name! I'm so sorry you have problems with your back. I've had teen onset scoliosis all my life and kyphosis in neck and lower spine too. Just been diagnosed with ostenosis and recently had major back surgery (9 pins and 3 screws) so I understand. Do you have regular physio / exercises or is it beyond that? I was told to go swimming. x

Wow roses, u sound like you've been through the mill! How do u cope with such physical pain added to ur MH probs? My ortho surgeon has refused the fusion op I was waiting for...he isn't prepared to take the risk re paralysis. I hav 3 slipped L3-L4, L4-L5 and L5-S1. Nerves are trapped giving me sciatica and numbness below the knee left side and I suffer from occasional puddling. I don't think that has helped with my MH at all-I was hoping to get fused n return to work. Now I feel I hav one slipping in my neck. Eek. However, this is NOTHING compared to u-Wat caused urs?

I have to say, the responses I've had on here just today hav been so amazing. I really am lifted knowing I'm not alone anymore. I just hope I can help someone somewhere too.

Much love and warming hugs xxx

Oh, not allowed swimming-tried Physio but too painful and no support from any professionals. Am chasing it up today tho, thanks to advice Iv had on here. Xx

FAO pandora:-

Unable to send u a PM?

Thank you for your reply earlier and sorry I didn't get chance to reply-I'm overwhelmed with the support of you who took ur time to welcome me. I look forward to building friendships and sharing our journeys.

I'm struggling alot lately with my BPD...for the first time ever Iv considered SH as I've heard it frees some pain. Is that usual? I'm 38 and was physically abused by my dad and neglected by my mum. I hav led a complex life in 38 years n I just want this illness to go away. Maybe SH wud help by relieving?

Can you tell me a bit about u as I feel I've been very me, me, me today....dnt like to be selfish and narcissistic.

Much love and warm hugs xxx

Hey jammy dodger ;-)

your not selfish u have been very compatiinate to me and others cinsidering.we only just met.

Thanks for chatting wiv me.

Btw i would try to distract from s.h cos yeah it relieves a bit but is only a temporary relief so can get out of hand and b very dangerous and addictive.

Wud rather u keep talking here xx

keep safe

emo xx

Welcome :)

You sound like such a warm and caring person, I think lot's of people would consider themselves lucky to have a friend like you.

I hope this site helps you feel less alone. Lot's of lovely people on here.xxx

Thank u everyone, hope uv all had a good day today? I went to my doctor today and he doubled my morphine so Iv bin in bed crashed out since (my favourite place to be)

You've all made me feel so welcome, I hope joining is the best thing I ever did. Already knowing there are people who understand me, and who r going through these bad times too, makes me feel beta than before I joined. Here's to a big group hug ((((( new friends ))))) xxxx

Wow! My topic has gone 'HOT'...its even in orange writing. Lol

Can anyone tell me, you know on profiles-on the right hand side theres a green box with a figure in it, and a word like a rating:- good, excellent?

What does it mean? I tried clicking it but nothing happened. Please dont think im silly but ive looked everywhere i can think of for the answer in the hope id find it myself, dance a little celebratory shuffle, and thatd b that. To no avail. Im still pondering and thought id come cap in hand to my online friends and ask. Even if u giggle at me, i will forgive u, and maybe id give u a lil smile at my ineptitude.

Im rambling again :-) anyone help a jammy in need? Xxx

Wow! My topic has gone 'HOT'...its even in orange writing. Lol

Awww bless you, you do make me smile :)

Can anyone tell me, you know on profiles-on the right hand side theres a green box with a figure in it, and a word like a rating:- good, excellent?

This is your reputation box - when someone likes a post that you have written or answered one in a particularly helpful way then people can click the like button on your post which is on the right hand side and it also tells you who has liked the post. Clicking on the box won't do anything and I won't giggle at you but like I said you do make me smile :)

Awwww thx. So lemme get this right, for each 'like' i get, i build a rep?! So i cud hav a bad reputation (naughty girl) or a good one (angel child) depending on how many ticks i get?

Can i tick my own ;-) im feeling rather angelic lol

Xxx

Awwww thx. So lemme get this right, for each 'like' i get, i build a rep?! So i cud hav a bad reputation (naughty girl) or a good one (angel child) depending on how many ticks i get?

Can i tick my own ;-) im feeling rather angelic lol

Xxx

:lol: no you can't tick your own - that's cheating! :P

You won't end up with a bad reputation as such because there is no option to unlike anybody's posts.

And why r u a mini mod? How tall are u? Nice fashion sense (y) xx

As you've probably noticed there are other mini mods on the site, our names are in orange. We are here to make sure that no spam is posted on the site and that the Terms of Use for the site are adhered to and that something is done if someone does break the rules but anything that we do then goes to a Moderator - their names are in burgundy and they have the last say on what should be done about something that we report.

It's quite ironic that I am called a mini mod because I am 5' 10' so I should be called a tall mod and my fashion sense isn't too bad :lol:

You silly sausage, you are really cheering me up this morning :D:bigarmhug[1]: xxxx

There should b a dislike option!

Do we win anything for good points? Like discounts or vouchers? A months free subscription for 'most improved supporter'

Just a suggestion lol night now, time for my sleep. Want to get up at lunchtime-lol fat chance. Xx

Xxxxx

Archived