Mental Health Forums

Nhs Lies

Shadow girl

I'm on a waiting list for DBT. 6-8 weeks ago I phoned to see where I was up to on the waiting list and was told that I was now second. I was really pleased about this - an end in sight, hope. However, I phoned up today to see oif the list had moved and was told that I was fourth on the list. I couldn't believe my ears. They said they would look into it. A bit later they called back to say that the list went over two pages and I was second from the top on the second page. They are lying. For me to be 4th on a list and me second on the second page would mean just two names per page! At least font size 76! They must think I'm stupid. It's so hopeless - if I'm 4th when i was 7th in january that means it will be another year before i get a place. I can't survive that long. That was the hope that was keeping me going. I just want to sh and stuff now.

When they start a new DBT group then several people will all come off the list at once. I dunno how big the groups are... 4 people.. 15 people... but the point is the list might not change much for a while then suddenly you will move up quickly.

Sorry that is really frustrating Shadow, they did the same when I was waiting for therapy.. I asked my cpn about it, she said some people drop out so it may not take as long as it seems. For me I'd figured out how long it would be by how quickly I seemed to be moving up the list but it turned out to be quicker than I thought so really hope it is for you too. Hugs xxx

It's already been 15 months waiting for a programme that lasts about 1 year. If its moved only 3 places in that time there is not much hope that it will suddely move faster.

That is really frustrating and upsetting Shadow. Have you thought about writing a complaint and asking them to explain why you have moved down and not up the list. A good complaint often gets things moving in the right direction.

I've just spoken to my CPN about this. I'm going to write to the DBT team and he is going to look at my letter with me before I send it to make sure it doesn't come accross to angsty or aggressive. I feel a bit better now I am going to do something about it.

So yes Maddie, I'm going to take your advice and go for a letter, (cute do by the way - what's his/her name?)

You need to request an up to date copy of this list (with other people's names blanked out).

Failing that you want written confirmation of your place in the list.

The NHS are useless.

They probably don't even know where you are on the list and are just telling you anything.

That's if there even is a list.

At least you are on a waiting list Shadow. Hang on to that <3

[/so yes Maddie, I'm going to take your advice and go for a letter, (cute do by the way - what's his/her name?)

quote]

His name is Chewy and he is a Cairn terrier and he is the most opinionated stubborn but very cute dog I have had.

Good luck with your letter. Keep us informed of your progress.

X

Seeing CPN today and we will look over my letter together. I think it's a bit too long (2 sides of typed A4) but I'll see what he thinks. I must check I've got a stamp so I can post it today.

Archived