Mental Health Forums

Actually Ran Somone To Do House Maintainance

Christine001

i have to be feeling ok and hope I can stay this way long enough to have the person come and do the jobs I need doing, he seemed nice on the phone.

this relates to the post about having people come to the house, i have a real fear of this. my lights in the lounge dont work my back door wont shut and there is a leak thats wreaking the wall in the conservatory.To get these things done would be a major acheivement for me.

one step forward eh.

A massive step forward! Security is a must for your piece of mind. Hope the work is carried out quickly. We got quoted some stupid amount by our plumber to "re-seal" bath after he sealed it wrong and hubbie is now looking at doing it himself (my Dad is paying) but getting the sheeting to waterproof the shower himself from B&Q. Local DIY men will probably do the same and so you will save an awful lot! Let us know how you get on hun x

You wouldnt believe that i have a high powered job, Meet with chief executives of councils etc and do some seriously responsible and complex high budget things but as soon as I get home I am a different person.

How very brave of you!!!

can you think of things that will make it easier for you having this person in the house,like having a friend there or some other ideas that might help?

• 3 weeks later...

he is hear doing the repairs I am hiding in my bedroom, anxiety pretty bad but soon he will have finished and it will be done.

he is very nice so thats something. ohhhhhhhh.

Well done you! IT will soon be over and your house wil be in better shape, you won't feel so anxious and then you can take time to feel very proud of yourself for taking this difficult step forward.

M x

well done Christine, we've had the plumber and the gas man round recently, i didnt have to speak to or see either of them but they still made me feel quite anxious. having to deal with them too must make it so much worse but you did it, you managed well and I'm sure having all these things fixed will make a difference to you and make you feel better even if its just by a little bit

Archived