Mental Health Forums

A Huge Weight Off

catspiracy

Wow, the moment I ditched that person I keep posting about, my whole life feels lighter and more full of love!!!!

If you have someone in your life that drags you down, my advice is, get rid of them!!!! Do it sooner rather than later.

I am so glad and proud to hear you where brave enough to let this person go and rely on yourself! And even more happy to hear you feel better for it!

Thanks, Lily! It's amazing, the moment i deleted her from my phone, my chakras aligned and i got a good night's sleep. Love and light to you!

i got that feeling when i ditched someone similar from my life

empowering isnt it :)

hold on to this feeling of freedom so it is there to remind you if she ever tries to weedle (sp?) her way back into your life

love and light dear cat xxxxx

Is this 'ditching' going to be permanent? Your friendship with them is a bit on/off isn't it? Is that in itself a BPD thing perhaps?

This time it's permanent. I found this: http://www.drirene.com/female_nar.htm and it described the rise and fall of our friendship to a T. I accept the reality that it's not my job to enable this person anymore. I feel neutral to her, meaning I no longer expect anything from her and have no emotional entanglements anymore. She is what she is. She will be lovely and charming to her next friend, that's just a feature of her personality, but it is likely to end the same way it did with me and the milieu of other people she's used up and spit out. It's not my problem, I am surrounded by other friendships that don't treat me the way she did. I am using what I learned to not be submissive in my friendships any longer. I've already put that new attitude into practice. Someone copied one of my designs, and rather than fester, I wrote her a simple note with a kind tone, telling her I know everyone is making hair accessories at the moment, but she didn't have to straight up copy my design. That started a beautiful convo and deepened our connection and understanding of each other as equals, plus she said she did soul searching and realized she could really benefit from adding more of herself into her designs. I feel like that convo all by itself is well worth the hard lesson R. taught me negatively.

Good question, though. It's always good to be mindful of how I am so hot/cold. This feels like a step forward into equanimity instead.

love,

cat

Archived