Mental Health Forums

Every Week After Therapy

Christine001

I cant function, i am so so irritable and ignore my children, its not fair to them, every week I dont want to go back but I do. so i drink to get through monday night hoping it will go away tommorrow, that it wont spill into work, where evreyone says I look so much better.

oh shit I just want to disappear, but it will go away so I can stand to go the next week, Its so hard. supposed to be good for me..... in the long run.....

Please tell me I am not alone,, please tell me how to cope.

Christine u not alone

effects me the.same

just need to shut the wirld out before and after t.

Usually i make sure i can have some time allone to sort my head out for a while after but i put my hand up and admit that i too drink straight after and just want to hide.

They say it gets easier but aafter all these yrs im not convinced

domt know wat to suggest to help but u def not alone.

(((christine))))

Emo xx

really feel for u. i remember the knock on effect group therapy had on other areas of my life and still find it shocking how much it did affect things.

head done in right now but it sounds like lots of pressure to remove your therapy self from who you are at other times. don't know what the answer is but am hoping there is one xxxx

(((Christine))) what sort of therapy do you do? I'd always heard the "it will get harder before it gets easier" rhetoric but I recently read a book about the Human Givens approach to counselling which basically thinks this is bollocks and that it shouldn't get harder before you get better. This appealed to me but I haven't looked into this any further. I thought I'd mention this as I thought of this book (can't remember what it was called though sorry) when I read your post. xx

((((((Christine)))))))) hope it wasnt so bad this time xxx

it must be such a horrible feeling but dont blame yourself for being iritable, you are going through such a lot. its not much comfort i know when it feels this bad but you are managing really well xxx

Archived