Mental Health Forums

Citalopram Dosage Warning

catsmother21

I don't want to worry people with this but I think it is something that people should be aware of. My GP told me about this and my pdoc had me on 60mg for a very long time but I appear not to have suffered for it though when I see my GP next I will ask if I need to be checked out.

http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f30/new-dosage-warning-for-celexa-141937/

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting. I know that a lot of the pdocs out there use higher than the max dose of antidepressants. I was on 280mg of one (and tryptofan to boost it) when the max dose was supposed to be 210mg. They did give me an ECG before I started which freaked me out (was on lots of other meds at the time as well). I think it can be dangerous. Now, I am on no antidepressant at all but I'm on mood stabiliser and anti-psychotic which is recognised as one of the current treatments for BPD. I came off the antidepressant and anti-anxiety drugs and the tryptofan over quite a short period of time but have not found myself just the same on less different types of drugs and I feel more awake too. xxx

• 2 months later...

I got a letter about this but as I was inbetween changing doctors I have reduced the dose myself from 60 to 40, I don't feel like I'm coping and feel really agitated all the time, I'm going to docs tomorrow to see if theres anything I can take alongside till the effects wear off.

Archived