Mental Health Forums

A Bit Of Faith Restored

catsmother21

Today I went to Asda and was walking along one of the aisles and I thought I'd gone over a bump in the floor but then I heard "ouch!" and I turned around and I realised that I had gone over this guy's toe with my trolley!!

Thankfully it was one of the small ones and I didn't have much in it.

I said to him, "OMG was that your toe I just ran over, OMG I am so sorry", and he said, " I can see from the mortified look on your face that you didn't mean to do it and I can see that you are sorry" and he smiled at me and we walked away from each other. The poor guy was only wearing plimsolls as well so it must have hurt.

I was expecting to get a gob full off him so destroyed is my faith in the human race but it made me realise that there are good people out there in real life and there isn't quite such a need to be so scared of everyone. :)

run out of likes but i can come back. i find it really heart warming when people are reasonable like that when you expect they are going to shout at you- definitely reminds you of how much nice-ness there is out there xxxx

yeah, some people are human and actually display common sense and live in the real world... and it is weird that something so small like that can have a huge affect on you and indeed restore your faith in human kindness...

i got on my usual bus the other day and asked for a return ticket that costs 6.80. the driver said he could do better than that and gave me a "day ticket" which only costs 5.70... i did think of all the mean bus drivers in the past who had blindly took my 6.80 and that did make me a little mad, but it really touched me that HE did that and i was so happy i texted my bro straight away to tell him...

shows they are out there, and occasionally we meet one of them, and boy does it make a difference in our world...

xxxxxxxxx

He sounds like a lovely guy, its a shame you had to run his toe over to find that out but its always good to be reminded there are nice people out there xxx

Archived