Mental Health Forums

Ready To Greet My Monsters

*debz*

I start my dbt therapy on the 6th january :D

Im driving a bus and its has alot of monsters on my bus, so i drive my bus faster to get away from my monsters, but there still on my bus, so i speed my bus up to try to get away from them, but still they stay, i do not understand. I now need to learn to slow my bus down, but this scares me so it will take time to slow my bus down because of the monsters. Once i have learned to slow my bus down and stop i then have to greet my monsters, this will be very hard and very scary but i will do this it will take time. Next and the most important part of my story i will be able to let my monsters one by one leave my bus for good, and i will live a happy life with no more monsters left on my bus.

This is how my therapist has explained dbt to me, I totally am ready now to greet my monsters in the new year, im still scared and i know it will be very hard and i will have to put the work in but this story makes it easier for me to understand. hope it helps anyone else that will be doing dbt.

Thank you emma cats myla.

Roses i hope it goes well for you, and you dont have to wait too long for a start date. I feel very lucky to be able to get to do dbt and have not waited long at all since it was suggested (two months) and a month of that was pre- assessment. feel so sorry for some people who cant get help or have to wait so so long for any type of therapy. Im going to be positive and make the best of this opportunity i have been given. xx

Hey, I had to wait 6 months to get an 8 week assessment and my BPD tag (finally) this summer. Then had 3 pre-therapy sessions and am starting my officla pre-therapy stuff this Jan to start the group Feb/March so I've only a few months to wait as well. I guess we must be urgent cases or just lucky? I wish you luck hun xxx

Archived