Mental Health Forums

Kitten

donnam

yesterday we drove from my parents in leeds to south wales to pick up our new kitty. then hubby drove 6 hours back to ours.

he is gorgeous, a seal colourpoint ragdoll, 15 weeks old, and soooooo cuddly, he sat on my knee the whole 6 hours drive home, sleeping like a baby :P didnt even need the cat basket.

we have named him muffin. the kids love him so do we, and was well worth the journey.

he may have been bought at christmas but he is a forever cat :)

oh yes, love my animals, i have 3 cats (one a rescue, one her daughter and the baby) a dog (see avatar) and 2 hammies, tho looking after school hammie too at the min.

dog and baby still getting used to each other, as tianna is big and bouncy, just wants to be friendly, but as she is a large dog she is a bit scary i think for a tiny kitten, so introducing slowly, at his speed, but not leaving tianna (the dog) out either, dont want any of them to feel they are having there nose pushed out.

i think animals good for kids too.

oh yes, love my animals, i have 3 cats (one a rescue, one her daughter and the baby) a dog (see avatar) and 2 hammies, tho looking after school hammie too at the min.

dog and baby still getting used to each other, as tianna is big and bouncy, just wants to be friendly, but as she is a large dog she is a bit scary i think for a tiny kitten, so introducing slowly, at his speed, but not leaving tianna (the dog) out either, dont want any of them to feel they are having there nose pushed out.

Aaw tha's good that you making sure

i think animals good for kids too.

Aaaw bless, you got quite a collection Cad. :D

We had a Doberman dog when i was little and she was scared of our cat! :lol:

But then we had the cat first so she kinda put the doberman in her place when we got her, to show she wasn't gonna take no nonsense!

Aaw that's good you not letting Tianna feel left out, think Jealosy can be the main prob when getting another addition but you seem to got that one sussed!

Had pets growing up and agree, think it's great for kids cos teaches responsibility for another living creature and empathy as well as having summat that loves you unconditionally!

x

he is very sweet, follows me (when dog not around) and he has a loud purr, and is enjoying turkey, left overs! he has a hidding place under the xmas tree at the min, that the dog cant get to, and behind the settees too, plus tianna ( our dog) doesnt like stairs so free reign of upstairs too.

the kids are been v sweet with him, but he is a bit timid if they run too fast towards him, we have ordered him an activity play thingy, which can be added too, think must be new design by kitty city, so will gradually add to it. of course also for use for other cats too. think tomorrow will get him a few other little toys. we have string etc and lots of balls etc for him to play with, but need some more cat toys as our others are more outdoor cats so dont play much, tho we did had toys for them too.

thanks cat, he is starting to put our dog in its place lol. he is tiny and the dog is 20kg! but he hisses and jumps at her (doesnt touch her) but sure gets her attention lol, and makes her realise he is not a push over! and stood his ground with his food, she will eat any food, whether it is cat, dog or human food, if given a chance. i have to keep the adult cat food out of her reach and hide his from her, but he told her she he was not just going to let her steal his turkey, and put up a fight for it! was v impressed.

thanks everyone

muffins are one of my fav food lol, maybe where idea came from, wanted a cute name, kids give them second names (tho never used) and youngest who is 4 wants muffin middle name to be tinsel ! eldest suggest bauble!

Archived