Mental Health Forums

1St App With Cpn

jaffasmummyxx

I've missed you because it's 9.10am now. I'm sorry that you were feeling so anxious and I hope that it has gone well and here are some hugs for when you get back :bigarmhug[1]: :bigarmhug[1]: :bigarmhug[1]: :bigarmhug[1]: xx

I hope the appt went well. its natural to be nervous, its hard meeting new people and talking about such difficult parts of your life to a stranger. I had an asessment with a cpn a few months ago and i was really scared xxx

Hey everyone! Thank u for all your support. It went better than I expected she's really nice! She agreed I need lots of help, she's offered a course of cbt and 8 councilling sessions! She asked lots of questions which stirred things up and I cried alot, I've now got everything going around in ma head and it hurts xxxx

Hi Jaffa

I'm so pleased that it went well and that you are being offered the support that you need. I know when I have talked to my CPN or pdoc about painful stuff it stays with me for a couple of days and then it fades away. Be kind to yourself until you feel better and take it easy xxxx

I'm sure it will go well Jaffa.

CPN's are usually easier to get on with then Psychiatrists.

There usually nice and very understanding.

Archived