Mental Health Forums

A New Opportunity For Me

Bryan

I have been contacted by a huge VoIP company here in the states. They are looking for a Reginal Director of Government Relations. They want to interview ME!!!

This could possibly double my current income!

I hope I don't ruin or sabotage it. I'm excited and scared at the same time. This job would entail a bit of travel and I'm terrfied of flying!

Well, I guess I'm jumping ahead of myself. I haven't intevewed yet I don't knw how to feel...but I want to be excited!

Bry

Hi Bryan that's great!

I've always felt there's a very fine line between anxiety and excitement so I'm hoping you can stay on the excitement side of things.

Cath. x

Good luck

But without wanting to sound like I'm raining on your parade - can you cope?

If you are SI'ing more isn't this going to add to the stress?

Speaking from the point of view of someone who is again disintegrating at the same time as work is picking up :( It's not always an easy balance to strike

It's 6.30 am here at the end of another sleepless night

Just thought I'd ask

Good luck

But without wanting to sound like I'm raining on your parade - can you cope?

If you are SI'ing more isn't this going to add to the stress?

Speaking from the point of view of someone who is again disintegrating at the same time as work is picking up :( It's not always an easy balance to strike

It's 6.30 am here at the end of another sleepless night

Just thought I'd ask

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're not raining on my paradeSwan. I have thought of all those things and more. I'm quite anxious(bad anxious not good anxious) about it all. But a big stressor in my life right now is my debt and my financial situation. This would help relieve us on that.

But I am trying to keep my anxiety under control right now. What if I screw up the interview? What if I get really excited about this job and get rejected? I have always had a problem telling myself that I am good enough for the job. Whenever I get a promotion or a good job I always tell myself that I "fooled" them into thinking I was good enough for the position or the raise.

And then I have to consider my ongoing therapy and how will this affect that.

Oh yeah...all of this is going through my mind. i couldn't sleep last night even with my new prescription (Doc put me on ambian yesterday). Kinda shaky today...just have to take it one day at a time.

Bryan, I am absolutely certain that you get the job because you are good - it is the dilemma that I was talking about earlier - that because we can split it is possible to be very good at what we do professionally and a mess personally.

I really do wish you the best of luck and I think that, whatever the outcome of the interview and the added pressures of the job, you are right to be enormously proud and flattered at being head-hunted :)

Archived