Mental Health Forums

Bpd Info & Education

cjfromnz

I am currently interested in finding out how I'm going to stay on top of this BPD. i.e. looking at stratgeies and skills that I can implement now so that I can fall back on them when the going is tough. If you know of any helpful sites , books etc please let me know - I'm making this a project.

I am (today anyway) determined to live and enjoy life. Having 3 children is an incentive i.e. I need to get this under control, so that as they grow I can be there to support them if required - (epscially if they develop a mental illness - which some studies believe to be highly likely) At least they will get the family acknowledge and support they I am missing from my own parents and siblings - wqouldn't it be easier if other could see blood - being an unseen illness is one of the bigest hurdle I think.

If you can help in any way I'd appreciate it.

p.s can anyone tell me where the spell check is on this thing ?

CJ from NZ :mellow:

Hi CJ,

There's a book called, "stop walking on eggshells" that is intended for the non-borderline, however i have heard of Borderlines reading it because it is very informative....not theraputic for a borderline i would nto imagine though if that's what you are looking for.

There is a book and workbook by Laura Paxton for Borderlines that could be helpful for you, you can order it online. i dont' know the website off hand, but i see a link for her site alot at the top of this website's page.

I've been in DBT thearpy for 6 weeks now and can say that the skill of "Mindfulness" is useful. there and many books out there on mindfulness as well.

Hope this helps you some. if i think of anything else, i'll let you know.

take care

Hi CJ!

About finding books... if you look on the main site there's a book shop! Lots of books on different topics including BPD (obviously!) click on them, read the descriptions and see what sounds most helpful for you...

Glad you're determined to enjoy life- keep it up!

tc, xx

ps Lanies right.... unfortunately no spell check!!! :lol:

to ladylazurus re post 27,Aug 1 2004, 06:01 PM]

Thanks for the info. What do you call mindfulness - I am reading a book at the moment which discussed the differences between analytical thought processing and Orginal or free flowing thought - how to acces the 2 and increases the use of orginal thought in other words taking your mind off the issue so that you can allow in thought (wisdom, perspective what ever you want to call it ) develope as appose to analytical thought that is only capable of drawing on data from the memory. Is this simialr? I would be interested to know as I have not yet been transferred to a BPD therpaist (conformed diagnosis was only last Monday - which I only found out about because my theraopist had gone on 3 weeks holiday and I wanted to read my file, so even throught I have been having counselling for major depression - this came as a bit of a surprise but after reading some info I knwo the diagnosis is correct.

It sunday night here in nz and i'm looking forward to the children returning to school tomorrow so I can have a look at the book shop on this site.

Archived