Mental Health Forums

Citalopram And Lack Of Emotion

LadyMacbeth

Anyone else experience lack of any emotions? Ive been on 20 mg for almost two weeks. I havent cried, cant seem to get angry, and the things that used to give me a lot of emotional pain I do not seem to be as affected by the events. Thats a good thing because I was self medicating with alcohol and I dont have the desire to drink at the moment but I also feel like I am not experiencing positive emotions either. I feel as though I am someone else who is watching me from the outside if that makes sense. Maybe the med hasnt kicked in to high gear yet. I see my psychiatrist today Ill being that up.

Hi!

I know those feelings far too well, i think they are designed to numb you out until you are in a position to properly deal with the emotions and remove any circumstancial pressures in your life.

it can be a stressful and horrible, frustrating experience because feeling is what makes us human right? That's how I felt.

Stick with it,just think how bad things must have got to make you go on them. Remind yourself a little so you don't doubt them.

Sending hugs.

I find I was like on sertraline. My head was numb. I couldn't think, which was good. When sad things came on tv, I just watched, I couldn't cry, there was nothing there.

Archived