Mental Health Forums

On My Bike :)

catsmother21

One of my New Year's resolutions was to start using my exercise bike again which I hadn't been anywhere near for a year due to post viral fatigue, depression and sleep deprivation.

Then I got a nasty virus which scuppered that for another couple of weeks but I have started today :D

I am going to be doing 10 mins every other day and will build it up from there. I am doing this for my general fitness and my mental health and if I lose a few pounds along the way then that will be great too! :) :bike:

• 2 months later...

Well I'm still using my exercise bike.

I am now doing 30 mins every other day which = 5 miles and burning 250 calories off each time! :D

And, as an added bonus, I've lost an inch from my waist and an inch from my hips since I started. :masked:

I am going to stay at the 30 mins every other day now because it is mainly for my mental health and general fitness and I don't want to lose too much weight because I can't afford a whole new wardrobe at the moment!

Well done. I use ours a lot as well, I like to read while on there as it passes time so much quicker. I normally do 25k which is 570 calories, but I've been on and off all day, and lost 1229 today, but I did that as a one off so I can eat my easter egg! Pleased you have lost weight, that always feels good doesn't it? xx

Thanks HH - Yeah it does feel good some lose some weight :) - I lost 2 stone last year (due to being ill) which I needed to lose but I've put half a stone back on since I've been on my new meds and eating properly again and didn't want it to slowly start creeping back up again.

I understand, it's worrying when weight starts creeping on. I remember the pictures you posted last year, and you looked so good, great figure and you looked so happy with it. x

I've started using mine again too. Helps deal with anxiety & restlessness i get a lot.

And its nice to be 'tired' for real, fall into bed, no sleepers.

Well done on the weight loss. Could lose an inch or 2 meself.

HH enjoy your easter egg. Love n hugs xx am

Yes it does help with sleep as well.

No Easter Egg for me :) as I've cut chocolate and bread out of my diet as well BUT I have allowed myself a little packet of buttons and because I've not had chocolate for a while now, I know they are going to taste like heaven :D xx

Much love xxxx

( I was sick all night, I think I exercised too much, and just ate chocolate and wine) You should be pleased you've cut out chocolate. xx

Oh no - hope you're feeling a bit better now :hug2: . I had my buttons and they were gorgeous - chocolate definitely tastes better when you haven't had it for a while.

Archived