Mental Health Forums

Promazine

paddypotty

been on promazine for a few months,have checked out side effects and it does mention dizziness but only briefly,Ive had bouts of dizziness for ages,a few times I have fell and other times like today my head feels muzzy,a little like being drunk,just wondering if anybody else has felt like this whilst on promazine,its annoying me because I cant focus on the computer,feel bloody car sick whilst sitting still.

Patricia

I took promazine after I started getting a bit desensitised to diazepam. It was very good for me and eventually I stopped taking it. What dose are you on?

Sometimes I did have the sensations you describe but my psych (who was v. good with meds) said that they were anxiety.

Think Im taking 100 mg a day,although to be honest I normally only take them at night and take whatever dose I fancy which is sad.

Caz I think they are mostly used for anxiety,They have helped lift the paranoia and that old magical thinking,they also help me sleep.

Iam going to mention it to my gp I nearly fell flat on my face today in Tescos and its not much fun feeling car sick whilst on the computer.

Swan,you are probaly right,I have a shitload of stress right now so this is probaly a reaction to it.

Patricia

Archived